We got married in the islands and then hopped over to Tortola for a couple days to ourselves (or so we thought.) We booked this place on the premise that it looked like they had a decent amount of amenities. When we booked it said they had a pool area and a pool bar along with another bar and restaurant on the grounds. Good enough, and the pictures of the beach looked great.
HERE's WHERE IT GETS INTERESTING
We arrived, and on the way in the cab driver commented that another club on this side of the island was better, but we were still optimistic.
We first found out upon arrival that the resort was mostly closed for renovations (something that they had not updated us on since we booked). The pool was closed and the bar and restaurant weren't terribly exciting. We still tried to stay optimistic. The beach is long and beautiful, but VERY ROCKY only a couple feet into the water. Well, that sucks we thought, but oh well. Then they take us to the room which was one of the huts on stilts. Room inside was pretty nice, but here is where I feel a little deceived. They state the rooms have a private balcony and great view, but they NEVER stated that the rooms are actually duplex huts, adjoined by a PAPER THIN wall. The first morning we were there we woke up to the people next door coughing, hacking, crying, and sneezing. It was as if we could have carried on a conversation through the wall without even raising our voice. Not very secluded at all.
We did walk down the road a little ways to a local beach/cove area that was gorgeous, and that was a fun day trip, even though we had a decent walk to get there.
Ultimately, we ended up leaving the resort early because we just couldn't handle listening to our neighbors when we were trying to enjoy our own time. We spoke with the GM of the place who was a nice fellow, but just didn't understand why we would be upset that when we booked we saw one thing and when we got there saw something different.
I would not recommend this place to anyone. Overpriced for what it offered, the terrible room situation, and no swimming option on the beautiful beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most beautiful, mile-long stretches of white sand beach in the Caribbean, Long Bay Beach Club is truly the gem of the British Virgin Islands. Guests enjoy terrific accommodations including Beachfront Rooms and Suites. The resort amenities include the historic beachfront 1748 Restaurant & Bar, tennis, amazing beach and much more. Fantastic location on Tortola's much sought after West End, just minutes from Soper's Hole Marina. Popular excursions include sailing, diving, sightseeing, and shopping. Great restaurants, bars, and nightlife nearby. Perfect for couples, friends, and families. Also ideal for those seeking a land / sea vacation that includes sailing and hotel stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Long Bay Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Bay Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Tortola
- Long Bay Beach Resort And Villas
- Long Bay Beach Hotel
- Long Bay Beach Resort Villas Tortola
- Long Bay Resort Tortola
- Long Bay Beach Club Tortola, British Virgin Islands