After my girlfiend had announced to me that she had planned and arranged a romantic getaway to celebrate our 5th anniversary, I was at first thrilled and excited, and then when learning that this was to be at the Long Bay Beach Resort and checking out the reviews on this site, a little nervous.
It has to be said outright, that just like her, this trip turned out to be perfect! Our experience of this resort could not have been any better. Having travelled all over the world, and stayed at alot of the best hotels, I was hesitant to see that the reviews of this resort warned people away, who were picky and hard-to-please. However, the staff was unbelievably friendly and helpful...making sure that we had everything we needed, and often a lot more towels than I am proud to have requested.
I also found the gift shop in the resort to be of great help, especially for picking up little things (like suntan lotion, or bottled water, etc...), when we didn't want to leave the breathtaking beach and head into town. It seemed to offer so much variety of things, we never really had to be taken away from the romance and relaxation.
In fact, just being able to wake up in the morning to the sound of waves crashing, and then open the front door and be confronted by the gorgeous scenery made me wish that we could have stayed there together forever. I am usually one who craves city living and creature comforts...but the romantic atmosphere, amazing service (and great food) that the resort offered, has now firmly converted me.
On top of this, the island itself is simply beautiful, with plenty to see and do; and even has the option of several short excursions to the surounding BVI islands for the day.
Next year it is my turn to choose a place for our anniversary, and I already know that I am in for a huge challenge if I am going to out-do the Long Bay Beach Resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most beautiful, mile-long stretches of white sand beach in the Caribbean, Long Bay Beach Club is truly the gem of the British Virgin Islands. Guests enjoy terrific accommodations including Beachfront Rooms and Suites. The resort amenities include the historic beachfront 1748 Restaurant & Bar, tennis, amazing beach and much more. Fantastic location on Tortola's much sought after West End, just minutes from Soper's Hole Marina. Popular excursions include sailing, diving, sightseeing, and shopping. Great restaurants, bars, and nightlife nearby. Perfect for couples, friends, and families. Also ideal for those seeking a land / sea vacation that includes sailing and hotel stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Long Bay Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Bay Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Tortola
- Long Bay Beach Resort And Villas
- Long Bay Beach Hotel
- Long Bay Beach Resort Villas Tortola
- Long Bay Resort Tortola
- Long Bay Beach Club Tortola, British Virgin Islands