A friend suggested we stay here before and after our charter and I am so glad that we did. I had been here several times prior, but had not stayed as a guest. Fresh fruit, toast with butter, nutella, jam and coffee every morning poolside. Delicious offerings on the menu - always some tantalizing aroma coming from the kitchen. Loved the curry chicken, fresh pizzas and Cindy's bacon mac and cheese. Seriously wished I had made time to try their desserts and local cuisine. As another reviewer stated, this is a local's favorite as well, so you are sure to meet a variety of people if you are in the mood to mingle, especially on Sunday. If you're a bit homesick and missing your dog, the friendly staff dogs are often next to the bar as well as a couple of curious felines wandering the perimeter of the property. Clint the bartender has a wonderful knack for concocting a cocktail to match your mood or the day. Do yourself a favor and give Liquid Sunshine or the Lebowski a try. Cindy & Cat, mother-daughter owners are always pleasant with a welcoming smile. Felt very much at home here and met interesting, people from France, Zambia, Holland and U.S. from Michigan to NY. Gorgeous plumeria, hibiscus, thick sanseveria, cassia and other plants surround the property. Can't wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hillside Hotel with views over Josiah's Bay Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers and Expedia so you can book your The Tamarind Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tamarind Club Hotel Tortola
- Tamarind Hotel Tortola
- The Tamarind Hotel
- The Tamarind Club Tortola, British Virgin Islands