“scary”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tortola
Brewers Bay Campground
Reviewed 23 February 2010

Armed robberies,,,campers held up at gunpoint in their tents, dirty...run-down....cleaned the bathrooms myself...
Gorgeous location though...
Would not go again..

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
3  Thank 102,053

Reviewed 11 February 2009

wanted to love it, but the beach is overrun by aggressive pelicans. the bars close at 4pm. all responsible owners/employes vanish after 5pm. bathrooms are not functional, in a first world perspective. wild animals roam around. awesome time if your in the mood for it.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank awesometime
Reviewed 3 August 2008

A unique experience. Sure It's a bit rustic-Co0ld water showers, sand on the washroom floor, but right on the beach. My tent was excellent, the mattress likewise. but if you are some kind of Uppie Princess Brewer's Bay is not for you. Any tent zipper will jam if not carefully used. The other campers were just as happy with the place as we were. Paul Hennig Toronto

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank TorontoPaulh
Reviewed 31 January 2008

I stayed here with a large group of girls for a week in June after we had graduated college.

I was really nervous about camping but I was pleased with my vacation. I'd recomend bringing your own tent. The campground has tents you can rent with mattresses, but they are sort of old. I brought my own tent, but several of my friends rented the tents. They seemed happy enough with the accomodations. I highly recommend bringing bed linens as they are not provided. I actually just ended up bringing a sheet out onto the sand and sleeping right on the beach for the last few nights.

The bathrooms are not the best. They work, but they are not pretty by any means. The showers are cold, and the drains are not too great. By the end of my shower, i had water up to my ankles.

Brewers Bay is a fantastic beach! There is a huge coral reef right there. The snorkeling was unbelievable. The night life is lacking though. There is one adorable bar, but it's much more of a lunch spot.

I was a bit nervous about security of my belongings while i was there. There are no lockers or anything, so you need to bring you wallet, passport etc. wherever you go. We did have one incident where my friend's ipod was stolen, but for the most part we felt pretty safe. Just bring your valuables with you when you leave.

All in all, i had a wonderful time. This place is NOT for everyone, but if you like experiencing an incredible island in a different way for a fantastic price Brewer's Bay Campground is a great choice. It is rustic and basic, but the locals are so friendly and the surroundings are so wondeful that the negatives were totally out weighed by the positives.

Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank city_of_champs
Reviewed 12 January 2008

The place was almost empty and this was understandable because it was such a wreck . I stayed here years ago and loved it but now the tents are wornout moldy , and lacking sealable doors so you will get real close to the mosquitos .the grounds were also dirty and strewn with old panties ,. batteries , and assorted trash . Neighboring hotels , which are not cheap , do a good business putting up dissapointed travellers who flee (flea?) the campground

Stayed: July 2006
2  Thank sunlover777
Reviewed 6 November 2007

There's a little bit here and there on some web sites about the Campground at Brewers Bay.(--) The Lady that runs the campground is Loretta. Remember everything is on Island time! but it all works out in the end. The Campground has a Ocean Front row of Platform tents with Box Springs and Mattresses inside. You also get a table, wash bin, gas lamp, two burner gas stove, and a cooler. She sells water gallons and ice. At one end of the Campground there is a Bar/Restaurant called Nicole's.....owned and run by Nicole!!! He is open daylight hours and has a full bar, Hamburgers, hot dogs, fish sandwichs and French Fries, a very popular joint. Beyond Nicoles is a place that rents cottages, it is called "icis's". These can also be used as google search hits. There is a bath house with a men's and women's side. Toliets and Cold Showers, the very basics. There are also bare sites available but the area is not as nice. Most of the people that we have met from previous visits are repeat campers. In the past we have paid $40/night per site. We usually stop at the grocery store enroute and stock up with the basics. You can always check with Loretta to see if she is cooking a meal. She use to do it all the time and make her famous Johnny Cakes but she is getting older. Need anything else - Just ask! Tracey

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with friends
5  Thank Tracey
Reviewed 30 September 2006

The raised tents have four cots w/matresses in them and are roomy. Cover with misquito netting the have enclosed "porch" area for the propane stove, lantern and such. The tents are behind a line of seagrape trees and that is all that seperated them from the beach. The sound of the lapping waves is incessant and after a week of the ocean acting on you blood it's hard to even walk at a pace quicker than the imbedded waves. The snorking here was quite lovely and it's just down the road from Cane Garden, Long Bay, and most importantly, Bomba Shack. No hot water in the showers as I remember, but an authentic red British pay phone box right on the beach -cool. I've had to have a sound machine in my bedroom ever since because I can't even think about peace without the entracing Brewer's Bay waves. Just watch out for hurricane season - heavy rains will collapse the tents on you!

Stayed: August 2002