Treasure Isle Hotel
US$294
US$286
Travelocity
  • Pool
Fort Burt Hotel(Road Town)
  • Pool
Sea View Hotel(Road Town)
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 December 2011

We stayed at this hotel before and after a sailboat charter with another couple. We chose a deluxe room. The rooms are newly remodeled and the view is spectacular. The lighting is very poor. There is no light at the computer desk where it is most needed.
The service is non-existing. We arrived at night. We in rooms 508 & 509 top of the hill.
After waiting 40 minutes for someone to take our bags up the steep road to our room we asked if we could use the golf cart. We had to move all our luggage our selves.
Not an easy task up the dirt road in the dark.
We had dinner at the hotel restaurant. Very over priced! $38.00 for swordfish and it was not fresh it had been frozen. My friend and I could not finish it, that bad. The girls had shrimp, also had been frozen. We were very disappointed with the meal. We recommend Charlie’s at the Moorings, Village Key Bar & Grill or Charlie T’s at Pusser’s Landing.
Avoid the Hotel restaurant!
At 3:00am sharp the roosters start crowing / loudly. Not sure wy the don,t move them?
On the return it was the same problem. Waited 30 minutes for someone to take our bags to our rooms. Finally a young women drove us up the Hill to our rooms but lacked the physical strength to move our bags up the stairs to our rooms.
Asked were certain places were in Tortola, no one had a clue. At check out, same thing, no bell service.
If you must use this hotel we would recommend getting a room closer to the office so you don’t have to lug your gear so far. Not sure if those rooms are remolded.
Hope this is helpful for future travelers to Tortola

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank mejamman
Reviewed 3 December 2011

The rooms here are fabulous, the decor is above standard for the Caribbean. It is very comfortable both for sleeping and for working. The bathroom area is nice as well. The staff at the restaurant for breakfast are pleasant, the service is fast, coffee is strong and food is OK, not over the top, but definitely Ok. The pool area is lovely. The lobby is air conditioned. The cleaning staff are pleasant. My disappointment was with check-in. The hotel is located in the side of a hill so there are lots of stairs (not a problem), no elevator, but the problem is NO BAG BOY. So at 6:30 P.M when I checked in for a week with my 40 lbs suitcase and my 15 lbs computer bad the young lady walked in front of me to show me my room and I was met with a great big staircase and not an extra hand to lift anything. I finally asked her if she could carry my computer so I could use both hands to get the suitcase up the steep flight of stairs. My recommendation to management would be 1) Have a bag boy, my arrival time was no surprise. or 2) build a ramp so bags can be wheeled up. It seems when they were building the hotel they overlooked the fact that guests come with luggage. I also found that the ladies at the front desk had a bit of that 'you're inconveniencing me attitude', some service training would also be good. The other thing that disappointed me was the sound of traffic from my room, I would have moved further away from the road, the problem was that I would have to climb up more stairs to get to the higher rooms in the hill without help, so I decided to stay where i am. The view is lovely, not sure if the windows are double glazed, but I think that when you come to a beautiful island like this the last thing you expect is the noise you get from the rooms on the first floor.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 August 2011

It was a very nice and quite hotel with well mannered service. Great location during the time that I visited *Carnival* and nice views. I would def. stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We spent 3 nights at Treasure Isle Hotel from July 30th to Aug 2nd , 2011. We loved the room,the food & the location. All the staff were so pleasant & helpful.The ladies at the front desk, Jody,Tshoi, Annie,Mohini & Joyce were all very helpful.We had a problem the first day of our stay with some noisy neighbours & it was sorted out with quiet efficiency by Jody & Tshoi who moved us to another room.The restaurant is great ! Mark, the Chef was kind enough to make special food for me,as I have some food allergies.
The location of the hotel is central .Very easy to get around.
The rooms are great too.Very effective A/C,shower with hot water etc.
Overall, we had a great time! Thank you to all of you at the hotel.We hope to be back !

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2011

I can only conclude that the two previous reviews were referring to a different hotel altogether!

Initially the hotel looks good. As the other reviews mention, it is recently refurbished, the general decor is good and the rooms are a good size and nicely furnished. Sadly that is where the good news ends.

Having travelled 17 hours to get to the hotel, a shower was in order after unpacking. Unfortunately it was a cold shower as there was not hot water. When I mentioned this to the receptionist later, she said that my room was just a long way from the boiler and I needed to run the hot tap for 15 minutes!!! Tortola has seen very little rain in recent months and running a shower for 15 minutes is probably not the best use of their precious resources!

The hotel does not have wifi, although it does have wired internet access in the rooms. When you get your bill at the end of your stay, there will be a USD18 charge PER DAY for this facility, apparently whether you use it or not!

Shower morning 1 and I decided to give the 15 minute theory a go. Still no hot water and cold shower number 2. Breakfast moring 1 even less successful. Itwas to be a quick affair as I had to be gone by 7.20am. Apparently breakfast doesn't start until 7.30am and the staff in the restaurant refused to make any allowances for my early start.

I managed to avoid the hotel for the rest of the day, although I did note that whoever had refurbished my room had forgotten to finish painting one wall.

Shower and breakfast morning 2 were the breaking point for me. Still no hot water for the shower. I managed to get to breakfast for the right time to discover I was the only guest. In fact I think I was the only guest in the hotel at this point! I ordered porridge and toast. It took 30 minutes to arrive, the porridge being hot enough to burn your mouth and almost completely inedible, while the toast was stone cold.

Enough is enough. I've given it a chance, but execpt for the decor and the furnishing, the hotel has absolutely nothing going for it. Not only wouldn't I recommend it to a friend, I would recommend it to an enemy!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business