My wife and I stayed 4 days at The Heritage Inn in December 2010. We enjoyed making our breakfast in the well equipped kitchen and sitting on the balcony. The western view of the neighbouring islands was fantastic. There is a great market in Cane Bay and restaurants in the area, especially The Sugar Mill, pricey but beautiful and a great steak dinner. The Bananakeet on site was also one of the best meals we had, not to mention the views with a drink.
We rented a car with Chris's help and saw most of the island. We also went to Bomba's Shack for the Full Moon party, it was lots of fun. A day trip to Jost Van Dyke is well worth the effort as well as some of the other islands are close by. Make the effort to find the little bars and beaches; we especially enjoyed Josiah Bay Beach.
One note, this is not a place for the all-inclusive, facilities driven traveller. It’s a laid back and not in your face kind of place…the kind that my wife and I enjoy.
Thanks to Chris and staff for a great stay.
Kieron & Kelly
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Heritage Inn is just what you want if you are looking for the total getaway. The Inn is located on the hilltop of a sleepy village: Carrot Bay, on the north side of Tortola. These comfortable apartments offer probably the most breathtaking views on the island: "voted Best sunset view in the BVI!" 180 degrees east and west and overlooking Jost Van Dyke, Sandy & Green Cays and three Tortola bays. This locally owned inn is quaint and quiet. Each suite has a private view-facing balcony and is furnished with a fully equipped kitchen, living room and AC king-size bed in bedrooms. Three suites have two bedrooms for family or friendly vacationers. Six, clean and comfortable, one bedroom suites also offer enough space to just forget your cares and hang out for a week. The views are so beautiful that most guests just "gape" for the first few days. In the summer the sun sets directly over the water. It is so beautiful that the locals go up for sunset cocktails at the BananaKeet Cafe on the poolside veranda to watch the sun setting over the awesome horizon. It's no wonder the slogan reads... the Higher you Get... the Better the Views!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your The Heritage Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Heritage Hotel Tortola
- Heritage Hotel Tortola
- The Heritage Inn Tortola, British Virgin Islands