We stayed in a two-bedroom unit for 4 nights. It was a pleasant experience and we would stay again. The location was perfect for us as it was very close to the best beaches and, of course, the views were pretty amazing. We first stayed in unit 2 but had to later move to unit 3 because our refrigerator/freezer were not properly functioning. The units were both very large, clean, and as expected. The ants could be a problem, but only if you let them be. The a/c units in the bedrooms worked very very well and the fans and breezes kept the rest of the unit livabley comfortable. Parking was very convenient. We were a bit disappointed the pool closed at 6pm and we had to rush back a couple of times in order to take a dip to rinse off and let my son get a little pool time. I understand they don't want guests to use the pool during dinner time but I have been to countless resorts with the same set-up and none restricted use of guests for the sake of dinner. Definitely a minus for us. They provided great beach towels that you could exchange, if needed. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, and were very good about making sure our meats stayed frozen through a short power outage and when our freezer was not working. We only had appetizers once at the restaurant but they were very good and the smells coming from the kitchen were always amazing. Overall, a good experience and value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Heritage Inn is just what you want if you are looking for the total getaway. The Inn is located on the hilltop of a sleepy village: Carrot Bay, on the north side of Tortola. These comfortable apartments offer probably the most breathtaking views on the island: "voted Best sunset view in the BVI!" 180 degrees east and west and overlooking Jost Van Dyke, Sandy & Green Cays and three Tortola bays. This locally owned inn is quaint and quiet. Each suite has a private view-facing balcony and is furnished with a fully equipped kitchen, living room and AC king-size bed in bedrooms. Three suites have two bedrooms for family or friendly vacationers. Six, clean and comfortable, one bedroom suites also offer enough space to just forget your cares and hang out for a week. The views are so beautiful that most guests just "gape" for the first few days. In the summer the sun sets directly over the water. It is so beautiful that the locals go up for sunset cocktails at the BananaKeet Cafe on the poolside veranda to watch the sun setting over the awesome horizon. It's no wonder the slogan reads... the Higher you Get... the Better the Views!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Priceline so you can book your The Heritage Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Heritage Hotel Tortola
- Heritage Hotel Tortola
- The Heritage Inn Tortola, British Virgin Islands