We arrived after spending our first four nights on Virgin Gorda. Loved Virgin Gorda so much we contemplated cancelling Tortola altogether and staying on VG for the 7 night duration of our vacation. That would have been a mistake. :) Didn't get to The Heritage Inn until around 6:00pm on a Sunday Night so Chris & Rosa were already gone for the day. Chris had arranged for a staff member at the restaurant to help us to our room. She also made reservations for us at the Bananakeet Restaurant onsite (Go even if you aren't staying there) as she knew we would be tired and not yet oriented to Tortola. She also help arrange our rental car with De De. Seamless. Almost new two door jeep wrangler in excellent shape.
We were put into room #5 and to be honest I was a little disappointed, especially after reading all of the stellar reviews here. Sure the view was still there but the room wasn't at all what I expected. Clean yes, but that was about it. We didn't plan on spending much time in it anyways so we were just going to deal with it. The next morning when we checked in with Chris she told us that we were supposed to be in room #8 but they had a plumbing issue so had to put us in # 5 until fixed, hopefully soon. No problem. That evening a gentleman stopped by and told us that we will be moving the next morning. Alright, good. Turned out to be alright, GREAT! For our inconvenience they moved us to the two bedroom suite for the rest of our stay at no additional charge. Gorgeous! As Rosa said when taking us up there..... Make sure you leave the room now, there is lots to see on Tortola. :) Seriously, one could just hang out here for their entire vacation. After scoping out the rest of the Hotel any of the other rooms (including #8) would have worked just fine really.
We travel throughout the Caribbean about 4 times a year and I can honestly say that Chris & Rosa are two of the most friendly & gracious host's you will ever find. Chris even invited us to a January 1st party at her family home on Little Jost Van Dyke (wish we could've made it). Ran into Rosa by chance at the Ferry Pier, she noticed us and that we were a bit confused on where to get our Ferry tickets so jumped in and help us out. Wish we could have spent more time talking with these two lady's but we were gone exploring before they arrived in the morning and didn't get back to the hotel until they were already gone for the evening.
We checked out the other three properties that we were considering and can say without a doubt we made the right decision. Ran into guests that were staying at two of the places we were considering and they just confirmed that The Heritage Inn was where we needed to be. Next time we go to Tortola (and there will be a next time) we will be staying here. Sorry I don't have much to add on the pool, happy hour, etc but we were on the run everyday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Heritage Inn is just what you want if you are looking for the total getaway. The Inn is located on the hilltop of a sleepy village: Carrot Bay, on the north side of Tortola. These comfortable apartments offer probably the most breathtaking views on the island: "voted Best sunset view in the BVI!" 180 degrees east and west and overlooking Jost Van Dyke, Sandy & Green Cays and three Tortola bays. This locally owned inn is quaint and quiet. Each suite has a private view-facing balcony and is furnished with a fully equipped kitchen, living room and AC king-size bed in bedrooms. Three suites have two bedrooms for family or friendly vacationers. Six, clean and comfortable, one bedroom suites also offer enough space to just forget your cares and hang out for a week. The views are so beautiful that most guests just "gape" for the first few days. In the summer the sun sets directly over the water. It is so beautiful that the locals go up for sunset cocktails at the BananaKeet Cafe on the poolside veranda to watch the sun setting over the awesome horizon. It's no wonder the slogan reads... the Higher you Get... the Better the Views!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your The Heritage Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Heritage Hotel Tortola
- Heritage Hotel Tortola
- The Heritage Inn Tortola, British Virgin Islands