“Best view on Tortola!”

Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Tortola
Cary, NC
“Best view on Tortola!”
Reviewed 28 December 2009

My wife and I honeymooned in the BVIs and our first stop with the Heritage Inn. We didn't want to leave. The room and staff was incredible and the view was spectacular! Sitting at the bar ar the BananaKeet Cafe during happy hour was the best time we had on Tortola. Oh, and the food was good too. :)

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank scryals

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Los Gatos, California
Reviewed 25 December 2009

Out of the many hotels I've stayed in over the years, this hotel had the best view ever. The balcony was huge and overlooked much of the Tortola coast as well as several other islands. The room itself was also huge with a large kitchen and good sized bathroom.

The owner and staff were very friendly and accomodating. Staff did a great job cleaning ouer rooms and even washed our dishes for us every day.

The restuarant was very good and also had a great view of the water and coastline. The food is a little costly, but you should expect to pay a lot for food anywhere in BVI. They also give averyone a free "sunset shot" at sundown every day.

The hotel is is located within a 5 minute drive from a market, 10 minute drive from a nice lively bar, and a short dive to Long Bay beach, which was a wonderful clean and relaxing beach.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
Sarasota, Fl
Reviewed 10 December 2009

In November we spent 7 great days and nights at the Heritage Inn. The view from the hotel is amazing and Chris treat each guest like family. From the room I could see three bays with glassy waves rolling in. I surfed every day in crystal clear water and went diving every other day. The best was the end of the day when you take the dare devil drive back up the hill and get to eat at the best restaurant in BVI, maybe anywhere, take in the amazing sunset and walk to your room which is quiet, cleaten and comfortable. No accomidation on BVI has better food, a better vew or a more friendly atmosphere at a reasonable price.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
US Virgin Islands
Reviewed 2 December 2009

I have traveled to a few places and have stayed at hotels. Being in the hotel industry and a consumer, I am not quick to recommend and very critical. However, I would and will refer and promote the Heritage Inn in Tortola to anyone!!! Chris Washburn and her mother Beverly are very friendly, accommodating and personable people. They made you feel welcomed and belonged. The room I stayed in was immaculate. The rate was very fare and affordable. The view is to die for! It was overlooking the beaches. You can see as far as St. Thomas, USVI and as close as little Jost Van Dyke! The restaurant served delicious food. The pool is filled with clear and very clean water. And if you are on property when the sun sets, you are given a free "sunset" shot! I can't say enough about Heritage Inn. You will need to go and experience it and then you will understand why I am very pleased! The place is nestled up in the mountain but in a perfect location. Not too far from the beaches below (about 10 mins). The bird's eye view of the North West side of the island is remarkable. The Heritage Inn helps you experience this beauty!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 September 2009

We really enjoyed our stay at Heritage Inn! The staff were all friendly and helpful. The views are beautiful and the rooms are well decorated, comfortable and very clean. It's nice to have a full kitchen to store our drinks and fix up a quick breakfast (during low season many restaurants were not open in the morning).

We didnt get a chance to eat at Bananakeet but the aroma from the kitchen was really pleasant and especially on the weekend the restaurant area buzzed with diners. It seemed very nice.

As staff will tell you, a car is definitely beneficial as it is up in the hills and a cab can get expensive ($25US oneway for 2 passengers from Roadtown to hotel). We rented from Jerrys on the West End and had a wonderful experience, they were able to do pick up and drop off at no charge and were very nice. They are also close to the W.End ferry.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at Heritage Inn and would recommend it!

Just a few *minor* things: We took a dip in the pool which was very refreshing, but it closes at 6pm (perhaps to avoid bothering diners as it is right next to the dining area) but, I would have liked the option of a swim after 6pm. A similar issue, the balconies face diners as they eat dinner. Therefore I used the balcony less on this trip than usual. Others may be different ,but I prefer more privacy so that I may enjoy the balcony without being concerned about observers or seeming inappropriate. It seems like a greater seperation between the 2 areas would be nice. The shower also wasn't warm consistently (I know its the Caribbean but it was wasnt warm at all after our first night). To their credit, management was very responsive about this and took note. It seems that this is not a regular issue and that they were going to address is ASAP. Again these are all minor concerns but I thought I would share my honest experience along with my rave about this beautiful location.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank travelhoney
NY
Reviewed 20 March 2009

This is a small place with maybe 8 or 10 rooms. On a cliff 500 feet up, on a hairpin turn in the road. There are small porches that offer a fantastic view. Rooms aren't spectacular but neither are the prices, my kind of place, I'm not paying $500 a night for 5 days when I can pay $1800 for 10 days. The restaurant has the best food of all the places we tried. The surf break is 5 minutes west. The hosts are delightful and helpful.
Bill Zeller in NY. Oh yeah, beware of Avis! I rented a car from them, arrived and they didn't have the car I promised. Gave me a piece of crap, after 3 days I returned it, (after renting something decent from Jerry's). Then they had the gall to charge me the 3 day rate, ($300+) insted of $64/ day. I still fighting with them over that. AVIS=BAD

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank redlover
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2009

We stayed for 1 week over Christmas and we thought it was a very nice hotel.
The rooms are basic but have most of everything you need
They are light and airy and clean just a bit faded really
The views are wonderful and I couldnt take enough photos
of the sunset it was beautiful.
We spent quite a few evenings just sitting on the balcony looking at the stars.
Very hairy bends up to the hotel but it was fun !!!
Location is good nothing is too far away, Road Town is about 35mins drive Cane Garden Bay about 5 mins West End is about 15mins.
There is aircon in the bedroom but we didnt need to use it as there were lovely breezes at night.
The staff were very friendly and the caretaker was alway around
so security felt good.
Overall worth the money paid and a good experience

• Liked — Sunsets and Rosa the manager
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple