“Perfect spot for a relaxing vacation”
Review of Icis Villas

Icis Villas
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Tortola
Narragansett
“Perfect spot for a relaxing vacation”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We spent a wonderful 2 weeks in a one bedroom villa at Icis. We had booked an efficiency but were upgraded upon arrival. The staff was very friendly and anxious to make our stay enjoyable. Beverly prepared fresh fruit, muffins, juice, coffee and tea each morning. The property is beautiful and well maintained. Our kitchen had a full size fridge and stove. Now that we know where the big grocery store is in Road Town, next time we will stock up and cook more dinners at the villa. We rented a jeep for the 2 weeks we were there and tried most of the beaches on the island. Brewer's Bay beach was just a short walk from the property and was our favorite. Great beach bar with cold beers and delicious fish sandwiches. Hope you enjoy this property as much as we did!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Narragansett_122

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Bonita Springs, Florida
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Our group found Icis to be a wonderful place to recover after a week of sailing. Unfortunately, making reservations with Icis was a challenge. After many attempts at correspondence we finally received our confirmation. The rooms are large and well appointed. My wife thought they could have been cleaner. The pool was not properly maintained and really isn't usable. The property grounds are gorgeous but the proliferation of roosters can be a real problem for a light sleeper. The food in their restaurant needs work and unfortunately can't be recommended. They do try hard. Overall, okay for only a brief visit.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jblck
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Get the "efficiency" room. It is just right for two people and the price is quite a bit cheaper. We stayed for two nights and just walked to Brewers for snorkeling each time, its like 10 minutes, it that. No worries about driving and finding a place to park at the beach. The pool area was sweet to hang out at after being in salt water all day. We brought a bunch of snacks there and made our selves at home.
Beverley made us some really good jonny cakes the first morning that were tasty with coffee.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Montpelier, Vermont
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Three great reasons to visit Icis:
1. Location- it's a short lovely walk to the best beach on Tortola- where there's lots to do. Great snorkelling off the beach- beautiful water for swimming or playing in the waves.Good beach for children, too. One good beach bar with excellent pina coladas.
2. Hospitality of the Icis folks. They are the nicest people you could find on a vacation. They are friendly and kind and willing to help in so many ways.
3. Beautiful setting amongst beautiful grounds including a pool, an open air dining room and immaculate rooms. Our favorites are the 2 bedroom suite and the upstairs 1 bedroom suites with balconies. Some reviewers who complained about the conditions may have been expecting a typical chain resort experience, which Icis is not trying to be. It's a unique and wonderful vacation spot. We have stayed here at least 10 times.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Anna S
Vancouver Island, B.C.
Reviewed 10 December 2010

We stayed at the three bedroom villa with my son and his wife, and my sister and her husband after we finished a sailboat charter. Although we arrived shortly after Hurricane Thomas blew past, and they had sustained some damage, road washed out and pool not functioning etc., we were really impressed by how hard the staff worked to make our stay enjoyable. My daughter and her husband had actually booked to stay there before the charter rather than afterwards like the rest of us. But they were not able to stay because the damage had not yet been repaired. Icis staff was good enough to call them in Canada to let them know ahead of time, so they could find alternate accommodations, and as my daughter and her husband were also planning on staying at Icis for one night after the charter before they had to fly home, they gave them that night for free to make up for any inconvenience. They stayed in one of the rooms on the second floor which also included a kitchenette with a nice balcony, and their room was delightful too. As mentioned in previous reviews, this is not an elegant or plush hotel. But we weren't looking for that kind of experience. We wanted a quiet relaxing retreat. We got that, along with a short walk to Brewers Bay where we pretty much had the beach to ourselves most of the time. Icis Villas certainly is charming, our accommodations were very clean, and the staff bent over backwards for us. So I have to say that it is a fantastic value for your money!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank bouttime75
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 24 May 2010

PLEASE NOTE, I never actually stayed here.

Seven weeks ago, a group of friends and I decided to take a trip together. We booked four rooms. The management was sweet over the phone and responsive. However, I started to notice things that made me uncomfortable.

First, I authorized the manager to debit my card for one night (as a deposit) however, he debited two nights. I let it go because I planned on running up a bill and the extra money he charged (without my consent) would be deducted from my final balance.

35 days before I was due to leave, I found that I could no longer go so I called the hotel and cancelled my reservation. My friends were still going. I also sent an email to Malcolm (the manager who took my original reservation) I repeated everything in an email I said in my message to the woman who answered the phone I told him again to cancel my reservation.

Days passed, I wrote again three times and I received no reply.

I called from the states and I was left on hold for 20 minutes a couple of times. I since have tried to call the hotel many at different times of the day and there was never an answer. I finally thought to try my cell phone and sure enough this time the desk answered.

Again I requested to cancel my room, again I asked for a confirmation, NOTHING.

I waited a few days and called from yet another phone and I reached Malcolm. He said that he was sorry I was cancelling because he was looking forward to meeting me. I told him that I sent him four emails and he had yet to respond. He said his hard drive crashed. So I asked him about my phone messages, he said that he tried to reach me but there was never an answer. That's a lie. I gave him the number to my cell phone, I carry it with me all the time. Even if I were sleeping, it would go into voice mail.

I then said, let's not focus on that, "Please refund my money." He then said that he would have to get back to me. I reminded him that I cancelled my reservation 35 days before I was expected and he had no legal right to do what he is doing. Plus it was rude and unprofessional.

I can't believe people act this way. Shame on them. Fortunately, my credit card company assures me that I will get my money back but I felt an obligation to warn others. This kind of behavior is vile and they deserve to go out of business.

Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
14 Thank bfeuerman
Ontario
Reviewed 6 March 2010

We were quite disappointed in our accommodations. The place is not kept up at all. Repairs are poorly done, carpet is old and our room was dark and quite musty. Screens were torn and our room was full of mosquitoes. The owner is expanding but not maintaining what they have. However, the staff was delightful and did the best they could. The place is highly over priced.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple