The BVI's appealed to us due to the stunning beaches but also the ability to easily island hop, easier than elsewhere in the Caribbean. Tortola was the best base to island hop, while JVD, Virgin Gorda and Anegada (stunning) were good day trips, we would have found them too quiet to stay for the whole week we were there. Likewise, we considered staying at the Sugar Mill - but it's very much on its own so we were happy to stay in Cane Garden Bay, with a supermarket, choice of bars and restaraunts within easy walking distance of the villas. You do get used to the driving after a while - but I didn't want to drive too much in the dark, so again good to be in CGB. We stayed in the top floor villa, with a fantastic view. The bedroom was large, very clean and nicely decorated so we were very happy with. The kitchen and bathroom were OK but could do with being modernised. Having a fridge came in very useful. Do get some anit-mosquito spray for your stay in the BVIs. Malcia was very welcoming and was happy to answer any of our questions or requests.
Where to go - we liked CGB as a base, but it's not the best beach and get out if there is a cruise ship in town. Smuggler's Cove was our favourite beach on Tortola, then Brewers, which was quiter (both with very good snorkelling on the left hand side as you face the water). We thought Quito's had the best food in CGB. Banankeets was also good, and we timed it to see sunset but also to drive back while there was some light. Did day sails with Aristocat which was fantastic - excellent snorkelling in the Norman Islands.
We would be happy to stay again and look forward to going back to the BVIs and all they have to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- suite styleIf you have ever dream of Time Sharing on Cane Garden Bay Tortola BVI.It can now become a reality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your The Lighthouse Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lighthouse Villas Hotel Tortola
- The Lighthouse Hotel
- Lighthouse Hotel Tortola
- The Lighthouse Villas Tortola, British Virgin Islands