“another successful dinner”

Ranked #21 of 148 Restaurants in Tortola
Cuisines: Caribbean, Pizza, Healthy, Grill
Good for: View
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the new Cruzins Bar and Grill. Under new management since Spring 2016, Owner Chefs Andre, the Grillmaster and Kiesha Donovan offer local fresh foods island style prepared and cooked for your delight. Our fish is selected fresh off the local fishing boats each day including Bull-Hind, much like trout, Yellowtail, much like snapper, Hard-nosed fish from the family of blue runner fish and of course lobster, fresh caught the day you enjoy it. Out fish dinners are grilled in foil with onions, garlic, peppers and butter and our own jerk seasoning. Try our BBQ Chicken and Ribs are in a league of their own. Finger licking good with savory meats that fall off the bones served with French Frys that never tasted so good. Cruzins Bar and Grill; local food never tasted so good.
Ottawa, Canada
“another successful dinner”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

It's not our first meal at Cruzin as we have been there quite a few times over the years. With that being said, I finally had the chance to take some of my family to experience the overall atmosphere of the restaurant & all that it offers. Matt has done a great job - the meals are fantastic, the drinks - ditto (the mixed ones), you can't screw up a bottle. Everyone that was there tonight had a great time!! Great rotis!! We have 2 more weeks on the island & will definitely be back for more.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank B D

“Another "little secret"”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Good grief! Who would have thought that in Carrot Bay you would find an unpretentious bar/restaurant offering the widest selection of beers on island, numerous excellent wines, a great selection of premium rums (to go alongside the non-premium ones) and ... oh yeah ... some of the best roti you will find (along with amazing home made spicy sauce) along with great burgers and ... fresh sashimi! Simply a great experience delivered by really nice people. Really have to go back to experience the pizza! Happy for this gem of a find!

Visited February 2014
2 Thank BrianandElizabeth
Tortola
“A Local Favorite”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

My fiancé and I live and work on Tortola. We've enjoyed many restaurants on the island but I would consider us "regulars" at Cruzin. The atmosphere, crisp cocktails, delicious food and good people are everything we desire in place to spend our time. Cruzin is simply special. The wine list is great, the beer is cold and the dirty martinis are fantastic! We love the shrimp curry pizza and the chef also does an incredible, homemade burger. Highly recommended!

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank JordanEdna
Arlington, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brunswick Stew”
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Authentic and absolutely amazing. Reminded me of childhood Sunday dinners after church in Alabama. Unforgettable taste.

Huntington Beach, California
“Best restaurant on Tortola!”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

My husband and I just spent 10 days on Tortola and had six meals at Cruzin’ Bar & Grille in Carrot Bay (just off the main road between Sebastian’s and Bananakeet). We would have had many more, but they’re not open for breakfast, and they’re closed on Mondays. (“I don’t like Mondays…”)

This was by far our favorite restaurant on the island. They had very friendly, prompt and accommodating service; an extensive menu that’s available at both lunch and dinner; reasonable prices; a pleasant island atmosphere, a top-notch rum punch in a large glass; and, most important, excellent, yummy food. (We recommended the restaurant to practically every person we met, and they all loved it as much as we did.) Oh, and they have flat-screen TVs for game days.

Their menu ranges from burgers, ribs, tacos, and pizza to fresh fish dishes, roti, steak, and lobster. They have something for everyone—even ultra-picky eaters like my husband.

Every single thing I ate at Cruzin’ was delicious:

1. Chicken Roti (a West-Indian “burrito” with chicken and potatoes in a curry sauce)
2. Shrimp Roti (same as above but with shrimp)
3. Pizza: Thin, crispy crust with a wide selection of toppings; I chose blue cheese and bacon—twice. (I am going to crave that for months.)
4. Chicken Tacos (they make their own tortillas)
5. Fresh Lobster (a HUGE lobster grilled perfectly with garlic butter; I chose loaded mashed potatoes as my side dish, which I highly recommend)

My husband particularly enjoyed their ribs. (He tried the ribs at nearly every restaurant we went to.) They were super tender with a delicious spicy sauce.

One more thing: This is a very social place, where locals, ex-pats, and tourists hang out and chat. We met MANY pleasant people and friendly characters at Cruzin’. The owner, Mac, and the chef, Jean, are both awesome too.

The only thing I don't like about Cruzin' is that it's 2,000 miles away from my house.

• Visited December 2013