We recently travelled to the British Virgin Islands with another couple. Our main mission was to charter a yacht and spend a week visiting the islands. In order to acclimate ourselves to the area, we decided to spend the first few days on Tortola and found a slice of heaven at Cane Garden Bay. Valerie and the staff at Myett's were as nice and helpful as could be. We rented a car as the cab fares would have easily been as much and would not have given us the freedom we enjoy. There are only 6 rooms and ours were very nice, clean and comfortable. The rooms are nestled into a canopy of trees so you can barely see the water which is only steps away, but coffee on the balcony was so relaxing. The only issue was the noise from the locals, who seem to party all night long, at least on the weekends. Quitos up the beach goes late into the night and while you couldn't really hear the band from the room, the spill over crowd wandering the beach got a bit raucus. I would recommend a driving tour in Tortola as there is a nice eco trail and rain forrest at the top of the mountain. (The restaurant at the trail head there, which was in the tour book as recommended, has no real view and didn't seem appealing to us.) I would recommend Myett's highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming spacious air-conditioned rooms nestled in tropical gardens, on a spectacular white sand beach, clear blue water accompanied by romantic sunsets every day. Excellent restaurant, Day Spa, Gift Shop, Recreational Beach Equipment Rental, and Guest Services on property. Received the Trip Adviser Certificate of Excellence for several years in a row. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Myett`s Garden And Grille Hotel Tortola
- Myetts Garden And Grille Tortola
- Myett's Garden Inn Tortola, British Virgin Islands