Ok, we actually stayed there longer than a year ago - but that option was not available so I hope it's okay to leave a review. We spent 11 perfect nights at Myett's.
Myetts is the most unique, friendly, laid back, wonderful little place you will ever find! The rooms are not "plush". They are decorated very casual, and they are so cozy and welcoming that we smiled as soon as we entered. Our room was also very spacious. The staff keeps the rooms very clean. You can walk from your room, down to the bar, then the beach - without putting your shoes on. Of course a big part of the island can be enjoyed without shoes - a big part of its charm!
The food at Myetts is wonderful as well. I could eat there for every meal and not be disappointed. However even though it is one of the best places on the island for dining, there are other great options as well.
If we are lucky enough to return to Tortola, I would never want to say anyplace but Myett's. We felt so comfortable and at home, yet also felt like we were in a secluded little island paradise!
You may want to plan day trips around the cruise ship schedules. Since Cane Garden Bay is one of the most popular beaches on the island, the cruise ships always bring visitors that crowd the beaches. It is not a problem though - we just went to a different beach, or we would visit one of the other islands on those days. Smugglers Cove is a great beach and good place to escape the cruise crowd.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming spacious air-conditioned rooms nestled in tropical gardens, on a spectacular white sand beach, clear blue water accompanied by romantic sunsets every day. Excellent restaurant, Day Spa, Gift Shop, Recreational Beach Equipment Rental, and Guest Services on property. Received the Trip Adviser Certificate of Excellence for several years in a row. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Myett`s Garden And Grille Hotel Tortola
- Myetts Garden And Grille Tortola
- Myett's Garden Inn Tortola, British Virgin Islands