“Memories and Friends For Life”
Review of Patouche Charters

Patouche Charters
Ranked #7 of 64 Tours in Tortola
More attraction details
Owner description: The BEST DaySail provider in the BVI! Come as Guests, Leave as Friends is our motto and we know you will feel the same after a day at sea with our crew:)
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Our private sailing charter with Patouche was so enjoyable we thought nothing could beat it. Joe led us in snorkeling, pointing out all the unique fish and coral, told us great stories about the history and people of the BVI, and saw to our every need throughout the day.

Then a few days later, we took a powerboat charter, this time with Joe being joined by Nicolle for our 28 mile journey out to Anegada. Our son (age 17) and four girls (ages 3 to 16) loved the intense ride as we cut through the waves, and of course we were all captivated by the incredible beauty of Anegada's sandy beaches upon our arrival. After feasting on delicious lobster with Nicolle, and meeting Sir Richard Branson who happened to be on our taxi, we headed back to cruise the North Sound and later finished the day at the Baths. Being late in the day, all the cruise ship visitors were gone leaving the pristine beauty of this special place just to us. After swimming to shore from the boat, Nicolle led us on a very informative tour as the sun was quickly setting behind us. Amazing!

As we cruised home, the urge to sail with Patouche again overwhelmed us. So it had to be: one more time out with Joe and Nicolle, our new found friends. Our final trip was another day of sailing and snorkeling, but this time with a special treat - great wine, sandwiches and a cheese plate from the French Bakery in Tortola. Moored in calm waters off Cooper Island, we dined and talked with Joe and Nicolle while watching the folks on the neighboring mega yachts looking on at us in awe....

We can't say enough good things about our hosts, and having spent so much quality time with Joe and Nicolle, can confidently say all the positive comments on tripadvisor are both true and sincere. And if you’re wondering about bringing young children along, don't hesitate. You will find Joe and Nicolle to be incredibly warm and caring with children. Our three year old daughter Aidan loved Nicolle, even trusting her to keep her safe during a solo swim in the ocean with her new pink flippers. And Joe was great with Aidan as well, allowing her to sit with him at the wheel as we sailed or cruised around the unsurpassed beauty of the BVI.

Rest assured, Patouche is the only choice for a private sail or cruise in the BVI. We all look forward to returning soon!

1  Thank MikeSMorganville_NJ
There are newer reviews for Patouche Charters

Reviewed 14 January 2012

This was a day sailing trip to Virgin Gorda (the Baths) and Cooper Island taken with a group of Germans and an American family of four and it was like we have known each other from before. The snorkeling sites, equipement, boat and instructions were excellent.
They do a great job to make everyone feel comfortable and get in the water to experience the unique beauty of the BVI's waters. Job well done! We'll do it again.

Reviewed 10 January 2012

Captain Joe and his buddy Nicolle were so awesome. They were helpful, and always put safety first. The boat was very clean and well maintained. We were brought to a snorkel spot with tons of fish to see. Until further notice, my day with Patouche Charters was the best day of my life. I'm not exaggerating. The sights were amazing. It was so relaxing. This trip made the rest of my excursions feel sub par. You have GOT to book a tour with them. You will NOT be disappointed.

Reviewed 6 January 2012

Our experience was so much fun with Joe and Nicole! They had so much knowledge of the history of the BVI and we learned so much throughout the day. The scenery was simply the most beautiful sights we have ever seen. The water was crystal blue everywhere we looked and the underwater scenery was just amazing. We recommend this to everyone who visits the BVI and I know we will certainly be going back there very soon!

Reviewed 18 December 2011

First let me say that I travel every 6 months and this is the first review I have ever written, but I also go to this site for advice. We stayed on Tortola for a week and everyday was on the water. The only thing I regret is that it took us two days to find them because the other two days we went with aristicate and white squall. On the third day we found the best charter company on the island hands down! We spent the next four days of our trip with Patouche who I like to call Nicole and Joe. First day was so much fun on the cat that we wanted to go the next day. The cat was not available so we took a 31 ft. speed boat out with them to Anagada and the north sound which turned out to be the best day I ever had. The beach was amazing and we were all alone. At lunch there is a place on the beach to have the biggest lobster I have ever seen grilled in butter. They catch them on the island. I have been to the bvis before and never even knew all of that was out there. After spending all day and seeing the sun set with these two they became our life long friends. We spent the next two days on the cat because there were already charters going our but we had so much fun just hanging out with the two of them we would have taken the speed boat out everyday. Nicole and Joe were so good to us we spent most of our evenings out to dinner with them on their off time. I had the most amazing time we are already planning our trip back to go out on the boat and just stay the night on it. It was the best vacatinon I have ever had and this is coming from someone who has been married at atlantis in bahamas, vacationed in st. Lucia, Tahiti, Cayman Islands, Hawaii twice, mexico and florida. This will be the only place I return to and I pray Joe and Nicole will always be there. If you are reading this thanks from the bottom of my heart for the most amazing time!!!!

1  Thank DrMichelle S