“Better Than Expected”

Sail Caribbean Divers
Ranked #3 of 25 Tours in Road Town
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sail Caribbean Divers is a PADI 5-Star Instructor Development Dive Resort and the premier diving and watersports center in the BVI. We have four full-service scuba centers, two on Tortola, and one each on Cooper Island and Norman Island. All provide convenient rendezvous diving, dive education, scuba equipment rentals, air fills and retail. Our exceptional staff can offer a full range of diving education from introductory to the highest professional level. Teaching is our passion. Sail Caribbean Divers delivers the most professional and personalized dive experience the BVI has to offer. Small group supervision underwater & qualified surface support on board during every dive make your experience pleasant and comfortable. Our fleet of 4 custom built Newton Dive Boats, maintained in showroom condition will enhance the quality of your dive experience.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Exeter, New Hampshire
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Better Than Expected”
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I just wanted to write a review because most reviews seem to be from very novice divers. This outfit was great for us - more experienced divers diving with a jr diver. They met us at our boat along with being prompt at other meeting places. My son had a great time where normally the dive masters over compensate for him and make the rest of the group miserable or don't want him to dive.

Conditions were challenging for the BVI , but they did a great job finding spots even if it was a bit of trouble.

Really enjoyed Johan pointing (in writing) everything out to my son.

Even if we tried to help on the boat with cleaning equipment - they had their ways and we were encouraged to sit. And stay.

Thanks!

1 Thank flyboyswifeEXETER

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“1st timmers”
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Just got back from our 1st scuba dive , people helpful friendly and very patient , full instruction all the saftey stuff , nothing to much trouble , felt very safe
Full training in shallow water when we frlt ok small dive around in shsllow water before moving to another dive site , we had 1on 1 with instuctors could not fault then
03/02/2012
Thanks eric & di

1 Thank Eric134di
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great company”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Me and my boyfriend landed with this dive company on our shore excursion from the cruise line. I was really impressed by their knowledge of the dive sites (wreck of the rhone) and their overall helpfulness. We had two dives and they were conscious about depths and bottom times. They were careful to document who was on board and all individual times. I've been diving for 12 yrs but decided to use their equipment instead of my own...excellent! The boat was big enough for 20+ divers but only 6 of us from the cruise ship signed up so we got full attention from the 3 crew members (owners?). I highly recommend them...btw - the coconut crumble bread they offered in between dives was delicious!

Visited January 2013
Syracuse, New York, United States
“Can't Say Enough!!! :)”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

You talk about first class service!! Have done four dives with Sail Carribean Divers, four different guides and three different crews. Exceptionally helpful and professional and I was very much at ease...even on the night dive (OK, had butterflies on the way to the Rhone, but they quickly went away once in the water!!) My 16 year old twin girls did the first "resort" dive with me and they can't wait for more. It's quite apparent they love what they do at Sail Carribean Divers!!!

Visited December 2012
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“One days diving”
Reviewed 21 January 2013

I visited Tortola on a caribbean cruise in December. There were only three guests that day so they couldn't have made much profit. We did 2 dives, one on the Rhine which was fully explained beforehand, history included. It was lovely to be able to dive wearing swimming trunks instead of a dry suit. I would definitely go with sail Caribbean divers again and can thoroughly recommend them.

Visited December 2012