“Fantastic, safe and memorable first dive!”
Review of Blue Water Divers

Blue Water Divers
Ranked #5 of 28 Tours in Road Town
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic, safe and memorable first dive!”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I had my first scuba experience with Nicola and Megs on Jan 20, 2014. They were so professional, so courteous, and such amazing teachers! They love to dive, and they bring that love to teaching too. I felt safe and calm with them. Everything about my experience with Blue Water Divers was a true treat, and I'm so glad I experienced the magic of diving with two such wonderful people. Nicola is a calm, reliable, and knowledgable presence under the water, and Megs made the intro course work very charming.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Laurie P

Jackson, Wyoming
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“great diving experience”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

My son and I came off a cruise ship and wanted to spend the day diving. I am certified, he is not, so we could not do the ship's excursion. Blue Water was able to accommodate us, even though we were running a bit late.

From the cruise port, this it's a 15 minute cab ride to Nanny Cay. The drivers know where this is. For two of us, this was $20. We were processed and put on that day's boat with about five other divers. After a ride to a sailboat at nearby Norman Island to pick up three more divers from a sailboat, we were off to the first of two dives for the day.

Those would did both dives seemed to enjoy both. My son did a resort course and I did a refresher. We used the main group's rest period to do water skills. We all dove together in two groups for the second dive. It was a pleasant 45 footer with interesting reefs and lots of fish. My big sitings, a ray and a couple of spotted morays. After dropping off the sailors, we were back at Nanny Cay by 2:30. Plenty off time to get back to our ship. Our driver from the morning meet us there by prearrangement.

A couple of key points. I made the reservation in advance. It involved a few emails, and a phone call to supply my credit card info. There is a 24 hour cancellation policy. The dive boat leaves at 9. That was close when the cruise ship wouldn't let us off until 8:30, instead of 8. There is water and a post-dive beer on the boat. No food or head.

The boat was adequately staffed for the group, and we felt safe at all times. I would recommend Blue Water for those who are on or near Tortola and wish to enjoy a day of casual diving.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Tetonvic
Sao Paulo, SP
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“FANTASTIC! (Even for beginners)”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

We went out with Cary and Gina as dive masters plus 6 divers on board. Three of us were beginners who had never dived before, which split the group into two. Experienced divers went with Gina and Cary stayed with us to give us instructions and training before going into the water. You first practice the basics of diving on a beach, were water is shoulder high, so you can get used to the equipment and breathing underwater. As you get used to it, Cary is very experienced and will be able to tell you if you are ready to dive deeper or not. He will stay with you every step of the way (including holding my hand when I was a bit afraid down there) and pointing to interesting fish, turtles and other marine life that you get to see pretty close. All in all, a FANTASTIC experience, even if you are a beginner, you will be able to dive around 20-30 meters deep and see a lot of cool stuff.

Visited November 2013
Orlando, Florida
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Blue Water Divers is AWESOME!”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We visited Tortola the last week of June 2012. We had such an amazing time with Blue Water Divers. Cary was exceptionally good. His story telling and the Rhone dive were amazing! They were very professional and experienced! They had an excellent variety of masks especially in offering prescription masks as well!!! Overall we had an amazing experience! Thank you!!

Visited December 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great team”
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

I recently visited the BVI for business and had time to get a dive in. This is the second time I had the pleasure of diving with Blue Water and I would thoroughly recommend them to any divers visiting the island. They are very professional and therefor most importantly safe. I had a great time with them. Thanks guys