“UNBELIEVABLE time!” 5 of 5 bubbles

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“UNBELIEVABLE time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We dove with Blue Water Divers. I had a bad experience with my left ear last year and was a little nervous about diving again this year. We got on the dive boat with four other people that were getting certified and it was perfect for me. The first dive was shallow and got me acclimated. The staff, Keeran, Erin and Greg were SO great, tons of fun and made me feel very comfortable! The dives themselves were amazing, tons of fish to see and the painted walls were great! I don't DO overhead environments, but could've spent more time in there!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Sammwolf

Boston, Massachusetts
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great scuba outfit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

Came here with my boyfriend, who was a first time diver, so I was a little worried about the logistics of how it would work. I needn't have worried, they gave us a fantastic day. There were five divers on our boat--two open water divers, two first time divers doing the resort course and one going for her rescue diver certification. They took me and the other certified divers out on a tank dive while the two first timers stayed on the boat and did their "classroom" work. We then went to another location where the first-timers did some skills in a shallow area and the rescue diver did her testing, while the two certified divers relaxed in the sun. We then went to a third location and we all did a dive together. Afterward they had beers and water for all of us as we returned.

I had a great couple of dives and all the equipment was great. My boyfriend had a great experience, felt very safe and given it was just a short review course, learned enough to get through a 40ft dive with the rest of us. Prices are reasonable and in line with other places I looked at. I'll dive with them again and recommend them.

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic, safe and memorable first dive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

I had my first scuba experience with Nicola and Megs on Jan 20, 2014. They were so professional, so courteous, and such amazing teachers! They love to dive, and they bring that love to teaching too. I felt safe and calm with them. Everything about my experience with Blue Water Divers was a true treat, and I'm so glad I experienced the magic of diving with two such wonderful people. Nicola is a calm, reliable, and knowledgable presence under the water, and Megs made the intro course work very charming.

1 Thank Laurie P
Jackson, Wyoming
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“great diving experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

My son and I came off a cruise ship and wanted to spend the day diving. I am certified, he is not, so we could not do the ship's excursion. Blue Water was able to accommodate us, even though we were running a bit late.

From the cruise port, this it's a 15 minute cab ride to Nanny Cay. The drivers know where this is. For two of us, this was $20. We were processed and put on that day's boat with about five other divers. After a ride to a sailboat at nearby Norman Island to pick up three more divers from a sailboat, we were off to the first of two dives for the day.

Those would did both dives seemed to enjoy both. My son did a resort course and I did a refresher. We used the main group's rest period to do water skills. We all dove together in two groups for the second dive. It was a pleasant 45 footer with interesting reefs and lots of fish. My big sitings, a ray and a couple of spotted morays. After dropping off the sailors, we were back at Nanny Cay by 2:30. Plenty off time to get back to our ship. Our driver from the morning meet us there by prearrangement.

A couple of key points. I made the reservation in advance. It involved a few emails, and a phone call to supply my credit card info. There is a 24 hour cancellation policy. The dive boat leaves at 9. That was close when the cruise ship wouldn't let us off until 8:30, instead of 8. There is water and a post-dive beer on the boat. No food or head.

The boat was adequately staffed for the group, and we felt safe at all times. I would recommend Blue Water for those who are on or near Tortola and wish to enjoy a day of casual diving.

1 Thank Tetonvic
Sao Paulo, SP
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“FANTASTIC! (Even for beginners)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

We went out with Cary and Gina as dive masters plus 6 divers on board. Three of us were beginners who had never dived before, which split the group into two. Experienced divers went with Gina and Cary stayed with us to give us instructions and training before going into the water. You first practice the basics of diving on a beach, were water is shoulder high, so you can get used to the equipment and breathing underwater. As you get used to it, Cary is very experienced and will be able to tell you if you are ready to dive deeper or not. He will stay with you every step of the way (including holding my hand when I was a bit afraid down there) and pointing to interesting fish, turtles and other marine life that you get to see pretty close. All in all, a FANTASTIC experience, even if you are a beginner, you will be able to dive around 20-30 meters deep and see a lot of cool stuff.

Visited November 2013