“The ONLY place to dive on Tortola (BVI)”
Review of Blue Water Divers

Blue Water Divers
Ranked #5 of 25 Tours in Road Town
Newport Beach
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“The ONLY place to dive on Tortola (BVI)”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I'm now a regular here and cannot say enough good things about BLUE WATERS. In summary, this is the safest, friendliest and most conveniently located place to dive on Tortola.

PROS
1. Location - smack in the middle of Nanny Cay means you can go to the beach afterwards, have a drink at one of the many bars or just hang out in the marina. Also, it's only 10 minutes from Road Town where the ferries dock.
2. Staff - It is a very international, very friendly and incredibly well-trained staff. Gina is my favourite - patient, kind and very funny! Always makes for a great day out. Likewise, Karl, Megs, Dave, Nik and Kiery are guaranteed "good value". Muffy, the owner, is just a wonderful, nice guy whose business I'm happy to support. Abby, the office manager, keeps the entire operation running smooth as silk.
3. Equipment - State-of-the-art. No complaints. Never had any safety issue. All included with dive price.
4. Dive sites - they go to a wide range of dive sites and certainly all of the 'must sees' (i.e. the Indians, Angel Reef, the Rhone, etc).

CONS
1. Nothing - happy diving!

Visited May 2014
3 Thank agoodley

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Staff on the Island if not all of BVI”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Ok so its been a long time since i have been diving. I signed up my buddy and I for the resort course since neither of us were padi certified. A guy BigSexy recommend we go here and ask for the dive master Erin.

Staff was great getting us checked in. The front end manager, i believe they call muffy, didn't ask for my Buddy's credit card at first and said after the trip would be fine.

We fitted for a mask and fins and walked onto the boat and were greeted by three of the most informational divers you will ever meet.

Carl, who in the end will steal the show, was pointing us all around for good places to get something to eat or drink before you dive. Asked us a few questions about our experience and told us we would be fine.

Gina, was just amazing and made sure the weights they had selected were going to be right and showed us where the gear we would be using would be at.

And then there is Erin. If mermaids existed, they would be based on her.

Out at the first stop, Gina and Erin took the more experienced divers out for there first dive. Gina knew all the history of the spot and why they called it Soldiers Hill and explained the hand signals and the routes. Even helped the one person looking for there next dive cert get to that level.

Carl hooked us up with an intro course on the water. Real down to earth instruction and made sure we all knew what we were doing when we looked over the gear. Really made sure, not just taking the head nods and moving on.

We then moved to the kiddie pool area after the divers came up and helped the 3 of us on the resort course get accustomed to the gear. The 3rd person on the trip, Carl really tried to help him get comfortable in the water but ended up explaining to him that maybe he needs some more pool time. Erin really made sure everyone knew that their was a lost diamond wedding ring between the concrete pier and the Willie T. Hint? maybe but i wouldn't mind.

We then moved to Angel Fish and Carl took me and my buddy out. He didn't let the 3rd resort course diver go out because he didn't feel comfortable. Didn't push the guy at all. Saw the most amazing sea life out there and made sure we had every moment underwater as we could. Again, thought i saw a mermaid but it was Erin so maybe i looked that way towards her way too many times. No ring on the finger though.

At the end of the dive, Schaefers Beer all around the team made us all feel welcome. Carl reiterated to us that getting Padi certified was easy and we can complete the whole course online and then do our pool time with him.

All in all, a great time with a great staff. Did i mention Erin? Hott

Visited April 2014
Danbury, Connecticut
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“UNBELIEVABLE time!”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We dove with Blue Water Divers. I had a bad experience with my left ear last year and was a little nervous about diving again this year. We got on the dive boat with four other people that were getting certified and it was perfect for me. The first dive was shallow and got me acclimated. The staff, Keeran, Erin and Greg were SO great, tons of fun and made me feel very comfortable! The dives themselves were amazing, tons of fish to see and the painted walls were great! I don't DO overhead environments, but could've spent more time in there!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Sammwolf
Boston, Massachusetts
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great scuba outfit”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Came here with my boyfriend, who was a first time diver, so I was a little worried about the logistics of how it would work. I needn't have worried, they gave us a fantastic day. There were five divers on our boat--two open water divers, two first time divers doing the resort course and one going for her rescue diver certification. They took me and the other certified divers out on a tank dive while the two first timers stayed on the boat and did their "classroom" work. We then went to another location where the first-timers did some skills in a shallow area and the rescue diver did her testing, while the two certified divers relaxed in the sun. We then went to a third location and we all did a dive together. Afterward they had beers and water for all of us as we returned.

I had a great couple of dives and all the equipment was great. My boyfriend had a great experience, felt very safe and given it was just a short review course, learned enough to get through a 40ft dive with the rest of us. Prices are reasonable and in line with other places I looked at. I'll dive with them again and recommend them.

Visited January 2014
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic, safe and memorable first dive!”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I had my first scuba experience with Nicola and Megs on Jan 20, 2014. They were so professional, so courteous, and such amazing teachers! They love to dive, and they bring that love to teaching too. I felt safe and calm with them. Everything about my experience with Blue Water Divers was a true treat, and I'm so glad I experienced the magic of diving with two such wonderful people. Nicola is a calm, reliable, and knowledgable presence under the water, and Megs made the intro course work very charming.

Visited January 2014