My group of 4 stayed 9 nights after deciding on Sebastian's based on reviews. I thought I would give my take on Sebastian's.
I had the second floor beach front corner room. It had a nice balcony, but the view was even nicer. I was very comfortable in the room. We had a few glitches with the a/c and room safe, but they were remedied by a nice maintenance man who made a hotel room call.
I was also pleasantly surprised at how good the food was. Breakfasts were especially good. If you asked for eggs over medium, they came exactly as ordered. The specialty dishes were also nice. We had a favorite waitress, Cynthia. And a few others that were very good. Of course, there is always one or two not so good waitresses that have trouble getting your order right or they make you feel like they would rather be anywhere else than taking your order. Fortunately, this was not the norm.
We also had a glitch checking in. We were confirmed a price and then it changed when we arrived. The manager didn't add in a service tax and from our conversations, I got the impression that she wanted us to pay for her mistake. When we checked out they made good on the confirmed price, without any argument. I also got the impression that she was going to withhold the service tax from the wait staff and not make the adjustment elsewhere like lower the price of the room. I can't say how she worked it out. We always tip so we made sure the help were compensated on our end, even if the hotel took the error out on them. This didn't make a good impression on me but because they honored the confirmed price, which they should have, they did right by the customer, which should be their first priority.
If you are a surfer, you will love this place. The waves to the right of the hotel close to the Bomba Shack were very high and lots of people were out surfing and paddle boarding the waves. I think I saw about 8 at once.
I was in the water every day, but it was a work out trying to get through the surf. If you are a weak swimmer, you may want to avoid this hotel. It would be a good base if you want to go to other beaches that are close by, or make this a stop after your sail, which others have done. We went to Smuggler's Cove for a day and the water was very calm and nice. Smuggler's is about 15 minutes by car.
We really did enjoy our stay at the hotel. It was a good value for the money, the food was excellent, the room comfortable, the views incredible, and most of the staff were very sweet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Beachfront property affords a spectacular location right on the beach at little apple bay in the west end of Tortola. We have a selection of accommodation that can be configured to suit the needs of singles, couples and families. Our in-expensive tropical yard rooms have long been a favorite for visiting yacht charter guests, scuba divers and surfer's. While our Beachfront rooms and our Seaside Villas are preferred for longer term stays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sebastian's on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sebastian`s On The Beach Hotel Road Town
- Sebastians On The Beach Hotel
- Sebastian's On The Beach Tortola/Road Town