“Hidden Little Paradise”

Sebastian's on the Beach
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Road Town
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

This quaint hotel offered us a breathtaking view from our room which was homy, impeccably clean, comfortable and well equipped with a small resting area and lounge chairs to enjoy the roaring waves crashing on the rocks. Definitely will go back.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jen R
sebhotel, General Manager at Sebastian's on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Sebastian's On The Beach on Trip Advisor, we greatly appreciate guest feedback. My name is James and I am the new GM, I have lived in Tortola for 25 years and if you come again to visit us I would be very happy to provide a personal orientation of Tortola, simply tell me what you're interested in and I will help you decide what to do.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Years ago my husband used to surf out in front of Sebastians on Apple Bay..in the winter months. Never spent any nights there...it was more of a surfer/guy place then. NOT ANYMORE!! The new managers, Wanda Manning and James Bridgewater have made subtle but substantial changes! I think our party of 6 were the last ones to check in late in the afternoon, but everyone acted like we were the first ones to arrive. The rooms look great, flat screen tv's for those who still want a connection...WIFI....the rooms are totally clean. Honestly, the rooms are not "perfect" but pretty close to it. What you see on their website is what the room looks like. There is no where on any of the islands that you can have our room... beach front room, 2nd floor with sunset views for the price we paid and well worth the extra money. Since it was summertime, the seas were perfect for us non surfers....and our second floor room allowed us to keep the doors open at nite to hear the ocean lulling us to sleep. This is still a low key island hotel, so don't arrive thinking your at the Marriot or Hilton...but once you check in and walk across the street to one of the most beautiful ocean views... you will get into that "I'm on an ISLAND" feeling and melt right into the surroundings. I actually heard someone saying they wanted to move back......:)

They have kept the staff that has been their for many years. The whole staff is friendly, from the front desk, to the waitstaff, the fellows keeping the area clean of sand....If you give them a "Good Morning...Good Nite...Have a good day"...they give it back 200% Bar and restaurant on site are great...a couple of places in walking/short drive for dinner are reminds you that you are on an island and delving into island culture & food.. one of the reason you go there. If we had known how great it was, we would have done our week there. Many spots on Tortola have built up and down on the other bays...but not Apple Bay..not yet anyway. I hope whoever owns that property will not let that happen. I have a feeling in a couple of years, your going to have to save extra $$ to stay there. Sebastians staff is all about YOU. They care, they laugh with you and just make you feel like you are important to them. Sorry this was so long...I could keep writing..but won't. Go and enjoy!

Room Tip: They have rooms out front on the beach...they have rooms that connect that have "garden" v...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank janelle w

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review on Trip Advisor. Reading these positive reviews affirms how important it is to continually train and motivate our staff and to spend some quality relaxation time getting to know our guests. Wanda and I hope to see you again.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

My family and I (total of 6) spent 3 glorious days at Sebastians July 4th - July 7th the staff and service were terrific! The beach was beautiful the food was good the drinks even better. Wanda and her staff were so friendly and welcoming .. I would 100% recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to visit the BVI! I would definitely recommend a room with a Beach View -- we had 3 rooms total 2 with the Beach View and one that was adjoining for the the teenagers. It was just the perfect way to start our 10 day trip of the Virgin Islands. Highly recommend this beautiful gem of a hotel!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for this wonderful review on Trip Advisor. We are working hard to continually improve the guest experience here at Sebastian's and if we are fortunate enough to see you here again I hope we get a chance to sit down and perhaps discuss some fun activities for you to do on Tortola.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Sebastian's is a wonderful place to stay. I recommend a beach front room its worth the extra money. When they say you are steps from the beach you are indeed steps from the beach. We had two issues while there but Wanda quickly remedied the situation to my satisfaction. Most of the staff where helpful and very nice. I cant remember everyones name but the young girl who works the front desk Daniel and Rosanna from the bar were amazing! Rosanna can sure make the best drinks! There was also another lady who worked the front desk who was very helpful (I wish I would remember her name). If you plan on taking a taxi to and from this hotel ask the ladies at the front desk to call Bouncer for you. He is honest, sweet, and always willing to take you where you want to go and even come back and get you when you are ready it was like having a personal driver. Be sure to take a quick walk over the hill to Long Bay. The beach is much larger. Plan your trip around the full moon party at Bombas. It was a blast with awesome local bands and people celebrating everywhere it is not to be missed. Right around the corner from Sebastian's is a restaurant called D'Coal Pot it doesn't look like much from the outside but once inside you will be amazed. The food is some of the best we had while on Tortola and the service was awesome. Lastly, if you want to visit the US virgin islands while there split your trip between Tortola and one of the US virgin Islands since everytime you leave the BVI to go to US Virgin Islands you pay a departure tax of $20.00 and a re entry tax of 10.00 not to mention the cost of the ferry which ranged from 45-70 round trip. The last ferry is usually around 4 pm so the trip can be rushed. If you are staying on Tortola but flying out of St Thomas airport give yourself plenty of time. The ferry we already had tickets for was cancelled on the day of our departure. Another ferry company took us over to St Thomas but was not going to Charlotte Amalie so we had to go to red hook and get a taxi which added another 45 minutes to our travel time and 20 bucks each for the taxi. Overall a great trip well worth the money to stay at Sebastian's.

Room Tip: Choose the lower level Beachfront room its well worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor which provided very valuable feedback, I have praised the staff members that you mentioned and they were all very happy to have served you during your stay at Sebastian's We hope to welcome you back to stay in one of our beachfront rooms.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Our group of three couples stayed at Sebastian's before and after our 9 day sailing trip in the BVI. The hotel itself is just precious, located right on the beach. Our rooms were garden view, across the street from the beautiful beach and although they were small, were very comfortable and clean. We spent very little time in our room anyway because the beach and restaurant areas were so inviting. The manager and his wife, James and Wanda, were delightful and even spent time "bobbing" with us in the water! A highlight of our visit was spending time at the restaurant and enjoying the hospitality of the staff. We especially enjoyed the attention of Annie and Jane! They made us feel so welcome and kept us laughing. The food was absolutely delicious whether you were having breakfast, lunch or dinner!

No one is in a hurry here and we quickly adjusted to island time. Will we go back? Definitely!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful review on Trip Advisor, I have praised the staff members that you mentioned and they were both thrilled to know that they enhanced your stay with us.

Wanda and I look forward to spending more time with you on your next visit.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We were looking for a relatively inexpensive place to stay for a couple days prior to our charter boat departure. We chose one of the garden-view rooms - the accommodations were acceptable and met our needs. The room was across the street from their restaurant and beach... less than 1 minute walk to the water's edge. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The beach was beautiful! Exactly what we were looking for!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor, I am very happy that Sebastian's was able to meet your requirements before starting your charter. I have in the past worked as a Yacht Captain/Chart Briefer for a couple of Charter Companies here in Tortola, I now that if I was a guest I would prefer spending one or two days before and after a charter on the beach sipping a cocktail! If you come again I would be very happy to sit down and tell you about some of the secluded bays and coves that are off the beaten path.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Our group of 6 assorted family and friends stayed at Sebastian's on the front and back end of a sailing vacation. We needed rooms that had two beds and they were happy to accommodate us. Unlike standard hotel rooms in the US many VI hotels have only one bed. The beach was lovely, and it was the perfect place to relax after a week on a boat. We stayed in the garden rooms and really appreciated the lush and beautiful landscaping. The rooms and the grounds were clean and well kept.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank happytrailsCleveland

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor, you mentioned that you were guests at Sebastian's before and after your charter vacation, I am also a charter captain and know first hand how much fun it can be. Thank you for staying with us and I hope we can serve you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Road Town
#10 of 13 in Road Town
Long Bay Beach Club
Long Bay Beach Club
#7 of 25 in Tortola

Been to Sebastian's on the Beach? Share your experiences!