“Taking Nanny Cay to a new level!”

Nanny Cay Marina & Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Road Town
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Taking Nanny Cay to a new level!”
Reviewed 29 October 2011

We have just returned to the UK from two wonderful weeks in the BVI. As we were sailing between some of the islands for four days we decided to spend the first four and last six days of the holiday at one of the townhouses at Nanny Cay. OMG AMAZING! is all I can say.

Having visited Tortola many times over the last fifteen years both sailing and staying at the Nanny Cay Hotel, I cannot praise the whole resort more highly. With three young sons in tow, we keep coming back saying that it was the best family holiday we have ever had! Everyone at Nanny Cay is so friendly, helpful and accommodating...nothing is too much trouble.

Every day had to start with a delicious breakfast at Genakers followed by an hour or two in the wonderful pool just by the beach before deciding which of the incredible Tortolan beaches to visit for lunch and spend the afternoon.

Back at Nanny Cay, the beach bar is the place to go for sundowners and Peglegs is perfectly located for a relaxed dinner with a great atmosphere.

Having stayed at the hotel many times and enjoyed it very much, the townhouses really take the whole resort to a new level. Being able to relax as a family with everything we need to hand in a super position with all mod cons could not have been more perfect. Having access to a computer in the hotel to check e-mails from time to time is also great for someone who wouldn't dream of taking a computer on holiday!

As for the sailing, as they say in the brochures, its one of the best places to sail on the planet. Swimming with five turtles on one day is a memory that will last forever!

All in all, another wonderful family holiday based around Nanny Cay with some incredible memories. We only got back this morning but already we're planning our next trip!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Barnsm
Sam543, Manager at Nanny Cay Marina & Hotel, responded to this review, 31 October 2011
I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to write such a positive review. It was a pleasure to welcome you to the Nanny Cay Hotel and I am delighted that you found our services and facilities to the highest standards . We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future Kind Regards Samantha Lewis – Hospitality Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I have been staying on Tortola for a month now. I fancied a change of scenary at the weekend and to be close to a beach as I do not drive. A friend recommended Nanny Cay. All I can say is I wish I had stayed here from day 1. Sam the manager is great, Cynthia and Diane were extremely helpful and cheerful. I ate or drank at all of the places there, shopped in the supermarket, used the laundrette, swam in the pool and sea and felt very comfortable here being on my own. I really didn't want to go back into town on Sunday evening.

I will be returning to Nanny Cay this weekend for a month or so and looking forward to my family flying over to join me to spend Christmas together at Nanny Cay.

Well done to Sam and her team, just a bit of work on making the housekeeper smile at me occasionally, maybe I will buy her a painkiller!!!!

Jane

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Jane2609
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review . I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and experienced such great service both at Reception and in the Restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future Kind Regards Samantha Lewis – Hospitality Manager
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 18 October 2011

First time staying at this place. Calling Nanny Cay a Hotel is a misnomer. It's more like a dump with a marina. The maid cleaned the room and left 1 bath towel for 2 people. Went to the front desk and asked for another towel and housekeeping was called. After 20 min no towel. Went back to the front desk and desk person called housekeeping in which we got into an argument because housekeeping said they left towels. I asked why we didn't have this discussion the first time I asked for towels. I threatened to leave. Finally towels showed up an hour later. Next day....guess what!!.....your right....housekeeping did the room and once again left one towel for 2 people. I went to the front desk and said ....REALLY!!!. If you stay give yourself a treat and slide your bed away from the wall. The filth will make the towel episode seem like nothing.

Room Tip: Sleep on the beach. Your better off.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Fred P
Sam543, Manager at Nanny Cay Marina & Hotel, responded to this review, 24 October 2011
I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We take our customer service very seriously at the Nanny Cay Hotel and the service you received is totally unacceptable. Sadly our commercial washing machine has been out of order and we have had to send our hotel laundry out which has caused us problems. I am sorry this was not explained to you. I have tried to contact you by e mail so I can personally apologise and I would be very grateful if you could call me at the hotel.

Travellers are raving about these Road Town hotels

Nassau, New York
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We were on a bareboat charter and September is a very slow month with many places closed in the BVI. We decided to take a slip at Nanny Cay for an evening then a room at the hotel. The room was freshly painted and clean. We received a 20% discount because we had the boat on a slip. The air conditioning was welcome after a few nights on the boat. We ended up staying 2 nights. For those staying on the boat, the bathroom and shower facities looked brand new and probably the best public shower / restrooms I have ever seen. They were private rooms and could have been from a high end hotel. The restaurant was Peglegs and was very good. The bar was also very nice. The pool was clean and next to the sandy beach. I would suggest water shoes tho as there was coral and small rocks which might be uncomfortable on bare feet when you walked into the water in some places.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review . I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and experienced such great service both at Reception and in the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future Kind Regards Samantha Lewis – Hospitality Manager
St. Thomas
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Always stay here when my sailboat is being hulled out for regular maintenance in the marina boat yard. Allways have had a clean room, friendly staff, and at a good price. That's why I've been coming back year after year.
Capt. Don

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank YachtZephyr
I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to write such a positive review. It was a pleasure to welcome you back to the Nanny Cay Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future Kind Regards Samantha Lewis – Hospitality Manager
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Our family stayed 2 nights during some training at Rob Swain sailing school. The hotel was included in the cost of the course so I can't comment on room price. The hotel is ok by Carribean standards but not plush by any measure. AC worked, hot water worked, beds were comfortable. Grounds were well kept. Restaurant food was good but pricey. Pool seemed to be closed alot. Location is perfect for chartering but remote for anything else. Staff was indifferent to requests for towels, ice machine etc

Room Tip: Buildings are spread out which is nice for quiet but could prove a long walk to pool, restaurant if...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank SailsTampa
Richland, Washington
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Clean, air conditioned rooms with kitchenette. Very conveniently located in Nanny Cay. Easy walking to Peg Legs Restaurant, boats, dive shop, Bobby's Market (grocery), and sailing school. Taxis readily available to go to Road Town, etc.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
#9 of 13 in Road Town
Surfsong Villa Resort
Surfsong Villa Resort
#1 of 1 in Beef Island

Been to Nanny Cay Marina & Hotel? Share your experiences!