We have just returned to the UK from two wonderful weeks in the BVI. As we were sailing between some of the islands for four days we decided to spend the first four and last six days of the holiday at one of the townhouses at Nanny Cay. OMG AMAZING! is all I can say.
Having visited Tortola many times over the last fifteen years both sailing and staying at the Nanny Cay Hotel, I cannot praise the whole resort more highly. With three young sons in tow, we keep coming back saying that it was the best family holiday we have ever had! Everyone at Nanny Cay is so friendly, helpful and accommodating...nothing is too much trouble.
Every day had to start with a delicious breakfast at Genakers followed by an hour or two in the wonderful pool just by the beach before deciding which of the incredible Tortolan beaches to visit for lunch and spend the afternoon.
Back at Nanny Cay, the beach bar is the place to go for sundowners and Peglegs is perfectly located for a relaxed dinner with a great atmosphere.
Having stayed at the hotel many times and enjoyed it very much, the townhouses really take the whole resort to a new level. Being able to relax as a family with everything we need to hand in a super position with all mod cons could not have been more perfect. Having access to a computer in the hotel to check e-mails from time to time is also great for someone who wouldn't dream of taking a computer on holiday!
As for the sailing, as they say in the brochures, its one of the best places to sail on the planet. Swimming with five turtles on one day is a memory that will last forever!
All in all, another wonderful family holiday based around Nanny Cay with some incredible memories. We only got back this morning but already we're planning our next trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nanny Cay Resort and Marina is a convenient and comfortable hotel with an old school Caribbean feel. Everything you need is an easy walk from your room and throughout the resort you'll find friendly and helpful staff. Dine in one of the three bars/restaurants, shop for souvenirs or enjoy an iced coffee at the coffee shop. You can also do a yoga class on the deck overlooking the beach, join a day sail or dive trip, rent a power boat or car, right from the marina, or spend the day chilling by the pool or on the beach. Leave the hustle and bustle behind and really unwind in tropical breezes and balmy evenings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Nanny Cay Marina & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nanny Cay Marina Hotel Road Town
- Nanny Cay Marina And Hotel
- Nanny Cay Marina & Hotel Tortola/Road Town