Wow, what a disappointment. We stayed at Nanny Cay (Hotel) from 2/14 to 2/19/2012 and we can honestly say we will NEVER stay there again unless there are some MAJOR changes.
Our main reason for staying here was location. We were renting a power boat for a few days (from Island Time who was located right on the property, who we loved by the way) and thought it would be best to stay at a marina. Nanny Cay seemed to have everything we were looking for. We knew going in to it that it would not be luxury as we checked out Trip Advisor, looked at pictures, and obviously from the price. However, we do expect a few minor things at any hotel that we pay for: somewhat clean rooms, somewhat comfy bed, HOT water, and a friendly staff. We experienced none of those small items.
To sum it up, our room was very dirty (ex. we turned off the fan and there was about an inch or so of dust piled on), our beds hardly looked made, let alone comfy enough to sleep in (the mattress and bedding looked/smelled about 30 years old), the phone was very dusty and had no dial tone, the kitchenette had a broken microwave and sink, and to top it all off we were without HOT WATER for 48hours! The only complaint we thought worthy to bring to the staff’s attention was the hot water. We walked down to the front desk THREE TIMES to ask for help before someone finally fixed the problem. Every time we talked to the attendant she (we saw 2 different women) made us feel like it wasn’t her problem. “We’ll send someone”. No apology, no sense of urgency or sympathy, just plain rude. On our third trip down (on an evening we had dinner reservations at an off-site restaurant) we asked to be moved to a different room and her response was “Yeah right, not tonight” and she gave a lovely little laugh. One of the service men finally was able to fix it (he was very friendly, finally) and we decided to ask to speak to the manager once we were checking out. Again, the response was rude but she promised a manager would call on Monday (we checked out on a Sunday). Did we get a call? Of course not!
I could go on and on even further about some of the staff at the restaurants/bars but I’ll stop here. We frequent Tortola often and feel like Nanny Cay has such potential because of its location and marina. But like I said, we will NEVER go back or EVER recommend it unless there are major changes. Beware!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nanny Cay Resort and Marina is a convenient and comfortable hotel with an old school Caribbean feel. Everything you need is an easy walk from your room and throughout the resort you'll find friendly and helpful staff. Dine in one of the three bars/restaurants, shop for souvenirs or enjoy an iced coffee at the coffee shop. You can also do a yoga class on the deck overlooking the beach, join a day sail or dive trip, rent a power boat or car, right from the marina, or spend the day chilling by the pool or on the beach. Leave the hustle and bustle behind and really unwind in tropical breezes and balmy evenings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Nanny Cay Marina & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nanny Cay Marina Hotel Road Town
- Nanny Cay Marina And Hotel
- Nanny Cay Marina & Hotel Tortola/Road Town