Nanny Cay Marina & Hotel
Fort Burt Hotel(Road Town)
US$255
US$109
  • Pool
US$294
US$286
Travelocity
Sea View Hotel(Road Town)
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
All reviewsbeach bardive shopsailing schoolgreat poolmega yachtsnice cafeopen air restaurantgreat air conditioningcomfortable bedscoffee makergrocery storerooms are largeceiling fanon site restaurantmini fridgerental carbareboat charter
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 June 2012

The fitness centre equipment was hopeless. I really felt like every single local on this island almost, did not want tourists there at all. I have never seen anything like it. I will say the room was clean to be fair. The hotel is in a marina that gets little to no breeze, a $15 taxi from road town, which to me is not the same as saying road town. The hotel pool was so heavily chlorinated it burnt my eyes and skin I couldn't stay in more than 10 minutes and I am a swimmer, so I'm used to chlorine. The veggie curry from peg legs was less than average, resembling nothing of a Caribbean curry from any of the numerous other islands I have been. I could elaborate more on this- but almost want to just forget the whole experience at this point. The conch fritters from Soppers in road town had barely any conch and was all flour, though this cost cutting technique is a lot more common from cheap places but I expected more for $11 a serve plus a 15% auto gratuity, something like that on a bill has you thinking the place has a standard. The dive shop has a minimum of $15 to pay by card and the other gift shop was $25, not too big of a deal if there was a ATM anywhere in the cay. The icecream shop got their stock from st Thomas and the 3 flavors I tried were all loaded with ice crystals and tasted extremely stale. The supermarket freezer didn't work properly so all their stock was only half frozen as well, once I showed them the quality of their stock I was told there is no refunds, I could take another icecream (that was melted) if I wanted or some other item to the same value. The supermarket did have the nicest staff of all, I will say. It is such a shame, this place had to suck so bad, I had been looking forward to my trip to Tortola for the longest time. Unbelievably expensive for some of the poorest quality I have ever experienced in all areas, I am well versed in the islands and by no means have unreal expectations. I really hope the rest of the bvi's is better than nanny cay. I do not recommend this hotel or marina!

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Directhonest
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I stayed at Nanny Cay for two months while working in Road Town. As a business woman travelling on my own it was a wonderful community to stay in. My husband and daughter flew out to join me for Christmas. We had an amazing Christmas Day on the beach at Nanny Cay followed by a wonderful meal in Peg Legs, Von the chef is amazing.

Boxing Day with the help of Sam and Simon who manage Nanny Cay, we rented a boat and driver and explored the other islands.

We all flew back to the UK at the end of December but if I am lucky enough to stay in the BVI again, I know where I will be staying. Nanny Cay ticks all the boxes for us.

We are in the process of buying ourselves a holiday chalet in the UK and have named it CaribbCay in memory of our time in the BVI.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Jane2609
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Spent 5 day/nights at nanny Cay after 2 nights at Cane Garden and was so pleased with rooms, price, location, activities, food, shops, and employees. Great pool area and the marina was great of boat rentals and just relaxing. Close to town and to West End for night life and ferry service to the other islands.. A fun drive to Cane Garden and the west/north side. Early morning wakes ups from the roosters is easy to tolerate when you consider where you are. We had rooms without kitchens and was perfect with just a fridge and microwave.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Stayed over one night on business and one night was enough. Poor check in, tv didn't work, a/c didn't work, room dark and dreary. My thoughts pretty much coincide with a lot of the negative reviews. Wake up people, Tortola has expanded their cruise business and I hear is going to lengthen their runway for bigger planes. Come up to tourist standards, before some wiser people come in and put you out of business.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank reedequine
Reviewed 19 March 2012

The resort was a convenient location to stay before and after our week on a sailing charter which was located at Nanny Cay. Weary on our arrival after 12 hours of travel I found that I my phone had fallen out in the cab from the airport. The office personnel on duty at Nanny Cay went through some great efforts to locate the taxi driver who found the phone in his cab. He returned it to me at the hotel the following morning. I am thankful for the assistance all the way around.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple