After reading some of the previous reviews I had some concerns about staying here, however, I was pleasantly surprised with all aspects of the hotel and surrounding area after my stay.
The rooms are clean and spacious with fans, AC, free wifi and mini fridges. The patios are large and many have nice views of the marina/ocean/mountains. I found the hotel staff to be very friendly and outgoing and never once felt uncomfortable leaving my computer or wallet in the room. This is not a high class resort but the rooms are clean, nice and very comfortable.
The only drawback of the rooms would probably be the shower. Both my colleague and I found that the showers take a long time to register a change in temperature. So you have to make small changes and wait a few minutes before you can actually feel the change in water temperature. With a little bit of patience and practice it becomes a piece of cake.
The Nanny Cay Marina is a wonderful area to stay. The hotel pool and small sandy beach are a short (1 or 2 minute) stroll down the boardwalk from the hotel. The pool is very nice and has great views of the ocean and surrounding islands. There are two restaurants in the Marina area, Peg Legs and Genakers. Both had good food and friendly service. We had dinner at Peg Legs twice and one evening the food was a little slow to arrive but it didn't really matter as Peg Legs has a great atmosphere and wonderful views. The waitress was also very apologetic about the wait time.
Construction of the adjacent townhouses was occurring while I stayed at the hotel but I never noticed construction noise unless I was actually walking by the townhouses.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nanny Cay Resort and Marina is a convenient and comfortable hotel with an old school Caribbean feel. Everything you need is an easy walk from your room and throughout the resort you'll find friendly and helpful staff. Dine in one of the three bars/restaurants, shop for souvenirs or enjoy an iced coffee at the coffee shop. You can also do a yoga class on the deck overlooking the beach, join a day sail or dive trip, rent a power boat or car, right from the marina, or spend the day chilling by the pool or on the beach. Leave the hustle and bustle behind and really unwind in tropical breezes and balmy evenings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Nanny Cay Marina & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nanny Cay Marina Hotel Road Town
- Nanny Cay Marina And Hotel
- Nanny Cay Marina & Hotel Tortola/Road Town