“Roomy suite, friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Maria's by the Sea

Maria's by the Sea
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Road Town
Manassas, VA
“Roomy suite, friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2011

An acceptable place to stay in Roadtown. Pretty pool, fairly good restaurant, and within walking distance of the wonderful old government house and the Botanic station. I would rather see fresh flowers or houseplants rather than the faded plastic arrangements in the lobby. The fish omelette is a very good breakfast option.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VaNella

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2011

Best in Road Town and great location for ferry connections and restaurants. The rooms were clean, the staff helpful, WiFi in the lobby and fair value for BVI. Those who have traveled to BVI known that the words "cheep" & "inexpensive" do not exist on these islands or in their language .... so, if you are searching for "value" then this hotel maybe the best "value" in R.T. at $160+ tax ($184). On the downside there is no complementary continental breakfast (would be very nice) and the mattress in our room #103 was old and uncomfortable. Happy sailing.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fdoamerica
Carpinteria, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2010

The best food for dinner in the B.V.I.'s. They can actually cook food that had flavor and spice!!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Golden, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2010

Pleasant stay Ocean side is quiet, dinner fine, nothing special either good or bad, but the location is superb.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lucine9
Ottawa, Canada (YOW)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2010

Good: location, free internet, cleanliness.
Bad: breakfast service and coffee.

If you are doing business with the BVI Government, this is the most convenient location you could choose. Free internet (when it works) is a nice perk.

I find the breakfast very disappointing, the service indifferent, and the coffee almost undrinkable. Toast comes English style on one of those little racks which means it's cold by the time it arrives.

Advice, do not take a room in the "old" part of the building. Try for ocean view, even if it is more $. If you have a city view, the roosters will wake you up very early.
13F

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2010

I would stay here again and again. I did miss HOT water. Other than that I was well accomodated and will look forward to future visits.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank detwebber
Philadelphia, PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2010

When we got there from the ferry (on the way home from a stay on Virgin Gorda) the receptionist claimed we had no reservation. I presented her with my paperwork from my online booking and payment. She still claimed we had no reservation. We stood there and stared at her. There was no ''oh, let me see'' or ''sorry for the inconvenience, I will ask my manager to help me'' ...not even further questions to perhaps find out what she needed in order to access our reservation. It was only when I asked her if I needed to file a dispue with my credit card for the charge from their establishment that she SLOWLY and passive-aggressively rummaged around and with exhasperation and grief told us she would do us a FAVOR to find us a room. WHAT?!?!?! Probably the RUDEST b-word I have even encountered in the hospitality industry or the entire Caribbean for that matter (and I've been traveling there since I was a kid). Then they gave us a crappy room with a view of the parking lot, a dirty bathroom with cracks all over filled with dirt and a shower that either scalded you or froze you. TV had trouble working etc. Since we were there for one night on our way home the next day we didn't bother to ask for assistance with the many annoyances of this hotel. The only employee we encountered the whole time was that one receptionist who was horrible. She obnoxiously asked us the next day ''how was your stay?'' and I just stared at her not saying a word as she had to us the day before when she claimed we had no reservation. Poor hotel, would not recommend to my worst enemy.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple