“good place to relax”

Moorings Mariner Inn Hotel
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Road Town
“good place to relax”
Reviewed 12 March 2006

We had a good time staying at this hotel. The service and quality of food in the restaurant was very good and the rooms were much improved compared to what we experienced on our last vacation there about six years ago. We highly recommend this hotel to sailors and land lovers alike

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Reviewed 4 March 2006

Because The Moorings didn't send us all our itinerary on time we were stuck with staying two nights at their own hotel in Tortola. The rooms were small, dirty, falling apart, and cost almost $200 a night!!!! We were charged double for airport transfers and when we brought it to their attention we were given the runaround and never reimbursed.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Road Town hotels

Lodnon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2006

Just came back from a sailing trip in the Caribbean. The trip ended in the BVI. The Moorings Mariner Inn is a great place and location to call the end of what was a wonderful sail. The Inn was very much a under priced property for what was excellent service and food. I can't wait to return in the near future.

2 Thank Akim L
Baltimore
Reviewed 13 February 2006

The hotel is perfect for sailors who are staying for a pre-departure or a post-departure stay. The rooms were clean, the staff was kind and helpful. The pool was nice and quiet. I'd recommend having some snacks on hand and a few extra bottles of whatever you drink. Rum punch was $7.50/each, which can get expensive if you drink them like water. The bar food was great. We had dinner in the restaurant our 1st night there at dock. Although it was convenient, it was a buffet and pretty expensive.
Only a few issues such as no remote for our TV, but honestly I was able to survive for 8 days on a boat without a TV, so did it really matter?
Would I stay there again? We absolutely will whenever we are sailing. Would I go there for a lengthy stay, no. Happy Sailing!!!

9 Thank em73
Reviewed 1 February 2006

We went sailing with the Moorings which was fantastic. Upon our return we spent two nights at the Mariner Inn Hotel which we found to be very relaxing.

The staff from the receptionist to the maids paid special attention to our us and strived to fill our every need. We did not have to leave the hotel for any night life because there was live entertainment each night and the BBQ was great.

I had the experience of using my labtop from under a coconut tree pool side free of cost. Great addition.

Keep up the good work guys

• Stayed January 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 January 2006

The Moorings is one of the most outstanding hotels I have ever been, and I have been to some awesome Hotels.

During our Island hoping, my boyfriend and i stayed there for a few days, we had a wonderful time. The place is beautiful and the rooms are comfortable and peaceful. The food is quite delightful and the staff are very easy o deal with. All in all we had a wonderful time and been back ever since.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 January 2006

While on vacation in the USVI, i decided to do some of the BVI. On my way to Tortola i did not have a hotel in mind, but the couple whom i was sitting next to in the ferry recommened the Moorings-Mariner Inn, because they had stayed there in privious time. So i decided to take them up on that recommendation. It was suprisingly warm and inviting, unlike most hotels that I have stayed in. The staff was most gracious and helped me with my every request. They even went beyond the call of duty, when asked for assitance with my travel plans to the other BVI. They were able to help me out tremendously with recommendations of places to go, and things to see in the other BVI for the rest of my travel plans. Thank you for a great stay. I will see you next year.

• Stayed December 2005
#3 of 13 in Road Town
Long Bay Beach Club
Long Bay Beach Club
#7 of 25 in Tortola

Been to Moorings Mariner Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!