“Cane Garden - a super spot”
Review of Elm Beach Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Road Town
Elm Beach Suites
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Road Town
Reviewed 11 February 2007

This hotel is steps off the beach, easy walking distance to several restaurants. The rooms are clean but not fancy, and the air conditioning in ours was too noisy to leave on while sleeping. But the days on the beach were wonderful. The cruise ship passengers flock here for a few hours midday, fork out some cash to sit on a beach chair, then leave to get back to their boat. They aren't terrible, but there is a difference when they've gone. Great place for the price!

Stayed: February 2007
2  Thank seattlewaseattlewa

Reviewed 31 January 2007

This review is a little late but here goes!

I attended the BVI Music Festival in May, 2006 and I wanted to stay in a hotel that was directly on the beach in Cane Garden Bay with very close acess to the Festival. I wanted to be in the middle of EVERYTHING! I chose Elm Beach Suites and it turned out to be a great choice. I would literally come out of my suite and into the festival atmosphere. I was in party heaven! And did I mention the beach is RIGHT THERE!

I stayed in the Sugar Apple Suite. This Suite is one of three on the second floor. There are two more downstairs. You walk up a flight of stairs onto your own porch (complete with two chairs and a small table) and enter the front door. There is a futon sofa, coffee table, chair and cable TV in the living room area. There is a small kitchenette with a stove, refrigerator, microwave and blender, along with a counter with bar stools. The nice sized bathroom has a walk-in shower.

Towards the back of the suite is the bedroom with a king sized bed, huge closet, dresser and mirrors. The bedroom is airconditioned only. The furnishings are basic and comfortable - nothing fancy.

The staff, (Elvet, Steve, Jackie) are the best. They are very attentive. Note: In Cane Garden Bay, there are frequent power and water outages, which don't usually last long, so I try to keep some gallon water jugs on hand just in case.

The Elm Beach Bar and Restaurant are a few steps away. Their BBQ is a must! The other restaurants (Stanley's, Myetts, Rhymers, Big Banana and Quito's) are in very close walking distance, as well as Bobby's Supermarket.

Back to the Music Fest, I love the fact that I can choose to stand in the crowds near the stage or look at the performances from the privacy of my porch. This is one of the many reasons why I have booked this room again in May. But even if I wasn't going for the Fest, the Elm would still be at the top of my list.

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank Lea4465
Reviewed 12 June 2006

My family and I had a great time at Elm Beach Suites. For those who don't know Cane Garden Bay it is a beautiful and increasingly popular bay with some development in the hills above, but not much, and is generally a fun place to swim, lie on the beach, and eat and drink in the numerous beach bars.
As far as the hotel itself, the room was small but nicely furnished and clean. The A/C worked well. Kitchen was fine. The Elm Beach Bar has a great Fri/Sun rib/chicken/fish barbecue which was absolutely fantastic. The best food I ate in the BVI, hands down. Steve the manager's band was excellent as well. Other nights we ate and watched bands at Quito's and an excellent fungi band at Myetts. A great time, and a great place to stay.
This isn't luxury accomodation, but it is very comfortable, and the people who run the place are great.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2006
6  Thank JSaaaa
Reviewed 27 November 2005

We spent several nights while location hopping. We had stayed here in the past and found it pretty much as before. Living room/kitchen was clean but the lounge chair was broken. We didn't spend much time in the room, so didn't bother to report it. A/C was almost new which was a major improvement over the last visit. They need ventilation in the bathroom.Had some problems with barking dogs in the night and early morning, but as we discovered, dogs are everywhere. We had several adopt us and awaited us each morning on the balcony. The Fri/Sun Rib night was just as good as ever. The area in front of the building could use a cleaning as it was dumpy. The only sad note was the huge influx of cruise ship tourists taxied in for the day. They pretty much overran the beach for most of the day. Fortunately, most were gone by mid-afternoon. We seemed to remember the beach as much quieter. I guess that's not the case anymore. In either event, we'll be back because we love the beach, and the hotel is a good buy for our small family. One last note; has everyone forgotten how to make a good painkiller??

• Stayed: November 2005
11  Thank HokieHoo
A TripAdvisor Member
San Luis Obispo Ca.
Reviewed 7 January 2005

This is the nicest place we have stayed in the caribean. It is small, only 5 rooms, however they are spacious and very nicley apointed. We are going back for our third stay in jan 05. To us Canegarden Bay is avery special spot in the caribean to stay. There are several good places to eat and the beach is wonderful, smooth, white sand.

30  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#11 of 13 in Road Town
Turtle Bay Resort
Turtle Bay Resort
#13 of 25 in Tortola

Been to Elm Beach Suites? Share your experiences!