Elm Beach Suites
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Fort Burt Hotel(Road Town)
  • Pool
Sea View Hotel(Road Town)
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 February 2007

I had my first visit to Cane Garden Bay, B.V.I. in February 2007. I made lifetime friends that were from other states and they visit the same place at the same time each year. The staff at The Elms were very accommodating, warm and friendly, just made me feel as if I were at home. I have visited Hawaii (4 times, all-inclusive resorts), Puerto Rico (1 time, all-inclusive resort), and I would never to choose to go to any of them again. There is no question that I will be back to the B.V.I ~ The Elms, again soon. I do not think I could put in a few simple words how wonderful the beaches are, the quality of the people that live there year round, the service, the food, the drinks … gosh I want to go back now !! I left my “heart” at Cane Garden Bay, and I will be back soon !! Thanks for making my dreams come true !!

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank todaykj
Reviewed 16 February 2007

I am so glad we spent our one night on Tortola in Cane Garden Bay. Elm Beach was the least expensive place I could find and would take us for one night during peak season, which was unusual. Because of this, the cost was very reasonable ($140). The room we had was really big- with a kitchen and sitting area. I am not sure if the other rooms are that large, but I was pleased. The water was hot, the people fairly friendly. It takes a while to find someone to help you in the middle of the day, but once found, they are very accommodating. It is set back just a bit, but not too far that you can't hear the ocean at night. It opens righ ton the sand, you walk a couple of yards and you're on the beach.
Very reasonable and clean- good location.

3  Thank karekare
Reviewed 13 February 2007

Hotel is a few feet from the actual beach area. Can't see the beach too well. It is a quaint little place, but, not for the money you pay for a night's stay. Our window didn't lock and door only had a Schlagg lock. Beach area gets a little crazy when the cruise ships come in. Beautiful sunsets though. Quito Rhymer's restaurant in walking distance (very good food) Myett's great for lunch and happy hour.

2  Thank Rinker33
Reviewed 11 February 2007

This hotel is steps off the beach, easy walking distance to several restaurants. The rooms are clean but not fancy, and the air conditioning in ours was too noisy to leave on while sleeping. But the days on the beach were wonderful. The cruise ship passengers flock here for a few hours midday, fork out some cash to sit on a beach chair, then leave to get back to their boat. They aren't terrible, but there is a difference when they've gone. Great place for the price!

2  Thank seattlewaseattlewa
Reviewed 31 January 2007

This review is a little late but here goes!

I attended the BVI Music Festival in May, 2006 and I wanted to stay in a hotel that was directly on the beach in Cane Garden Bay with very close acess to the Festival. I wanted to be in the middle of EVERYTHING! I chose Elm Beach Suites and it turned out to be a great choice. I would literally come out of my suite and into the festival atmosphere. I was in party heaven! And did I mention the beach is RIGHT THERE!

I stayed in the Sugar Apple Suite. This Suite is one of three on the second floor. There are two more downstairs. You walk up a flight of stairs onto your own porch (complete with two chairs and a small table) and enter the front door. There is a futon sofa, coffee table, chair and cable TV in the living room area. There is a small kitchenette with a stove, refrigerator, microwave and blender, along with a counter with bar stools. The nice sized bathroom has a walk-in shower.

Towards the back of the suite is the bedroom with a king sized bed, huge closet, dresser and mirrors. The bedroom is airconditioned only. The furnishings are basic and comfortable - nothing fancy.

The staff, (Elvet, Steve, Jackie) are the best. They are very attentive. Note: In Cane Garden Bay, there are frequent power and water outages, which don't usually last long, so I try to keep some gallon water jugs on hand just in case.

The Elm Beach Bar and Restaurant are a few steps away. Their BBQ is a must! The other restaurants (Stanley's, Myetts, Rhymers, Big Banana and Quito's) are in very close walking distance, as well as Bobby's Supermarket.

Back to the Music Fest, I love the fact that I can choose to stand in the crowds near the stage or look at the performances from the privacy of my porch. This is one of the many reasons why I have booked this room again in May. But even if I wasn't going for the Fest, the Elm would still be at the top of my list.

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled as a couple