“Big Daddy took me for a ride. It was exhilarating” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dolphin Discovery Tortola

Dolphin Discovery Tortola
Ranked #3 of 37 things to do in Road Town
More attraction details
Owner description: Dolphin Discovery invites you to live the dream of swimming with dolphins in the Caribbean paradise of Tortola. We offer a range of programs for all ages, a family-friendly adventure you will never forget.
Hayward, California
111 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Big Daddy took me for a ride. It was exhilarating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I flew my nephew out to the British Virgin Islands so he could swim with the dolphins and get a stamp on his passport.

We selected the Discovery Swim package. As a non swimmer, I thought I would sit by the side while my nephew joined the group and did the activities. They insisted that I join and they would accommodate me. We met Maggie (10 years) and Zaid (3 years) and we experienced the Kiss, Belly rub, Hold ball, Shake hands, Splashing us and Belly ride. I went off to a separate pen and there I met Big Daddy. He was so gentle and patient. My thoughts are that he handles the small children and adults who have a fear of the water. This made my day!

We bought the cd with all the pics. It is the better value.
Some people view this as animal cruelty. I did not witness any such actions from the trainers.

Visited August 2013

Almere, The Netherlands
238 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 464 helpful votes
“Once in a lifetime!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We did the Royal Swim already in 2008 with our two sons and it was a life time experience for us. When I read all the recent reviews, I am happy to see that Dolphin Discovery still makes dreams come true!

Visited July 2013
Edmond, Oklahoma
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Unforgettable experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We did the royal swim and it was perfect! Lots of time with the dolphins. Trainers were great! Pictures were expensive but so worth it!

Oldham, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Amazing experience of a lifetime.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Fabulous experience which was everything it said on the website. Observers were allowed to take photos despite several reviewers saying otherwise but the DVD was good value anyway. We booked online in January and got 25% off so booked the ROYAL which was the full monty. We both managed the swim and the push out of the water despite being in our (early) sixties! Amazing and more natural in a lagoon by the sea than any man made cove. Would recommend going early as there were only 7 in our group which meant more opportunities to interact with the dolphins. Two of the group turned up on the day but the rest had booked on line.

Visited March 2014
Wildwood, Missouri
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Unforgettable & Amazing Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed on Tortola and I booked the Dolphin Royal Swim experience on-line for a 10:00 am time - which I noted was less crowed than the mid-day schedules. With the Royal Swim you have more interaction time with the dolphins and completely worth the money. At the age of 55, I wanted to do something completely different. It was an incredible one hour which I will never forget. There were only 3 others and myself in our cozy group with the dolphins. Yes, this is touristy and I was a bit nervous when I grabbed hold of the fins and let the dolphins pull me but they explain what is happening. Very lovely staff and knowledgeable. Totally amazing experience. You wear a life jacket which was fine for me since I am not a powerful swimmer. Yes, you do pay for the photos, but how many times will you have this experience in your life? A must! Dolphins feel so smooth and feel like rubber! Book on-line and get the discount!!! loved this day!

Visited April 2014