“Pleasant but overpriced.”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We ate at Charlies, Road Town, Tortola on 3 occasions during October 2013.

We tried the pizzas which I would rate as good quality. We tried the Aberdeen Angus steaks which I would rate as moderate because of it being over cooked slightly. The Linguini was also good.

All the drinks we sampled there were weak in comparison to all other restaurants we have sampled in the BVIs. Some of the Rum punches were basically fruit juice and the rum could not be tasted at all. Unusually for my wife and I, we complained about the poor quality of the drinks on several occasions.

It is only fair to say that the waiter Eric did his utmost to please us and gave us exceptional service. The manager Jackie also listened to our complaints regarding the weak drinks and gave us a free drink each to compensate for the poor quality of those servered by the "new barman".

In summary, food was good quality but a little on the expensive side. Drinks were very poor quality and also on the expensive side.
My recommendation? go to the older Mariners Inn just 40 yards away for better value.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

$8.50 for a glass of Woodbridge (Robert Mondavi's bargain brand) Chardonnay!

The view is good, but not that good.

Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

I had dinner at the restaurant. I got the garden salad, chicken pizza and a large bottle of water. My bill was just under $50.00. The salad was very good: fresh cheese, lettuce, tomato, candied nuts.
The pizza had chicken, spinach, mozzarella and sauce. It wa thin crust. Average taste for $24.00.

The atmosphere is the best part, in the middle of the marina.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

I've been to better restaurants with better views, better food, and better prices. It's not "terrible" and has a great location but it was just not that good. Service was great, and the view was so-so. If you are in need of a place to eat before or after a charter, it's worth a go. I would not hunt this place out.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

my partner and i came here the first night we arrived in Tortola, we did not have anything to cook with and it was the closest thing to where we were staying.
I ordered a glass of champagne (little did i know after the bartender gave me the wrong price for it, and it cost $18). The food is ordinary pastas, pizzas, burgers i believe, fish and meat- your usual american style restaurants. We ordered a pizza and pasta to share, and after finishing it, we were both thinking "ok what was so special about that". so pizza, pasta, glass of champagne, and a soda came to $87. Be mindful if you want to eat here, the staff are very friendly and knowledgeable of the menu for dietary requirements, but be prepared to dish out money for the dinner.
the one positive is the view of all the lights in the mountains, and of the marina at nighttime.