It was a fabulous vacation from the staff to the rooms. My room was extra clean and the beach was given extra care and attention. They have an excellent small snorkeling reef. The water at the beach was calm and luxurious. The staff was wonderful, from the cleaners to the gardeners, who gave me fresh coconuts so I could have fresh coconut water cocktail right from the coconut tree. That really made my trip.
Doug and Pam were very accommodating. The rooms were spotless and the beds were very comfortable. The food at Fort Recovery was delicious and the desserts sublime. The view was beautiful.
They accommodated my bad knees. They put me on the first floor where I could walk right out on the beach from my beautiful little patio, that was shielded from the sun. I was 20 steps from the beach. I recommend Villa #2 for anyone who has any painful disabilities or problems with walking.
Eugene, at Smugglers Cove makes the best cocktails. He helped me in and out of the water when I needed it, I remember him and his gracious service from a prior trip. He was one of the reasons I returned. The life guards helped me, too. Smugglers Cover is only 10 minutes away and is very private. Some days I was the only person there. It could get a little more crowded (up to 6 couples). It was picturesque and beautiful. I looked at the beach and almost cried.
Eugene noticed I spent a lot of time in the water, he was right. I did so because I enjoyed it so very much. I had to put on my aqua shirt to make sure I did not get burnt by the third day, because I spent so much time soaking up the sunshine.
I really needed a vacation to relax and this really did the trick. I would go back in a heartbeat!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel is a small, unique hotel located on Tortola, British Virgin Islands and is family owned & operated since 1969. Chosen by Discovery's Travel Channel, Fort Recovery was the only Hotel Selected on Tortola for their exclusive Caribbean showcase. They were also chosen as the Captain's Guide Magazine's "Best Resort," by the Reader's of the Captain's Guide Magazine. All suites are directly on the beach with cable TV, A/C, free WI-FI, housekeeping, private balcony/patio/deck, living room, kitchen, master bedroom, full bathroom and more. Views are unmatched and completely unobstructed, right on the calm, Caribbean side of Tortola. On site is a full service spa with professionally trained staff. There is an in-house, private restaurant also serving breakfast and dinner daily. 24/7 on-site management and knowledgeable front desk staff are always there at your service! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa Hotel Road Town
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa And Suites Hotel
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Hotel
- Hotel Fort Recovery Beachfront
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel Tortola/Road Town