Where to start? From the road, it doesn't look like much but as soon as you walk from the lobby to the beach, you know this is a special place. View was insane, villa was perfect combination of charm, cleanliness and beach, and Doug and Rita were excellent hosts.
If you want a relaxing, private, vacation with a beautiful view that makes you feel like you have the Island to yourself, this is the place. You can easily rent a car and get to any other beach or into Sopers Hole or road town for activity. If not, you can make some pussers punch in your villa and sit on the porch or beach and feel like its your own private island.
We looked at every other hotel when we got there just for comparison. None are as nice...either they are not waterfront, or the waterfront is really rockfront, or the beach is crazy rough and loud. At Fort Recovery you fall asleep with the soft lapping sounds of the gentle ocean.
The food was delicious. Seriously, again the best food we had on the island. We tried several other restaurants including Sebastians, Pussers, and Myetts. Other guests told us they went to Sugar Mill which was they said was not as good as Rita's cooking and really over priced. So stock up at the liquor store and eat at Ft. Recovery
Seriously, we cant say enough about Fort Recovery. We had stayed at night in St Thomas at the fancy Marriott before we got to Tortolla and originally were going to spend ourtoast 2 nights back there but we cancelled them as soon as we saw the view from our villa.
The whole team there was so warm and polite. They made you feel welcome like an old friend but also gave you space. I have to say Doug and Rita were really fantastic!
It was one of the most romatic places ever. Even though there were other couples and people were friendly, it was still very private and quiet with no loud kids or rude adults.
We look forward to going back again soon!!!
We love you Dougy and Rita. (from your favorite Jersey pussers drinking guests. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel is a small, unique hotel located on Tortola, British Virgin Islands and is family owned & operated since 1969. Chosen by Discovery's Travel Channel, Fort Recovery was the only Hotel Selected on Tortola for their exclusive Caribbean showcase. They were also chosen as the Captain's Guide Magazine's "Best Resort," by the Reader's of the Captain's Guide Magazine. All suites are directly on the beach with cable TV, A/C, free WI-FI, housekeeping, private balcony/patio/deck, living room, kitchen, master bedroom, full bathroom and more. Views are unmatched and completely unobstructed, right on the calm, Caribbean side of Tortola. On site is a full service spa with professionally trained staff. There is an in-house, private restaurant also serving breakfast and dinner daily. 24/7 on-site management and knowledgeable front desk staff are always there at your service! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa And Suites Hotel
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa Hotel Road Town
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Hotel
- Hotel Fort Recovery Beachfront
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel Tortola/Road Town