This hotel is relaxing, comfortable and all you could want in a laid-back resort in Tortola. There is always space on the beach or at the pool...no competition for beach chairs and there is always a place under a tree to find shade. The natural beauty of the island has been lovingly maintained in the building of the resort. Trees and landscaping are integrated into the buildings and provide a real island feel. The beach is small but the view is incredible...St. John is directly across from the resort.
The service is great...all of the staff are friendly, nice, helpful and eager to please. Guests are accomodated with all requests to the best of the staff's ability. Service is given with a smile and is very quick.
The rooms are very quaint and beautifully decorated. We loved our room in the older villas. It had an old island charm and was very comfortable. We had a full kitchen and were able to enjoy some meals in our room, which really is very relaxing and saves some money. The rooms in the newer villas are wonderfully done and luxuriously beautiful.
The hotel's location on the West End is very convenient to many good restaurants and activities. You do need a car to get around. Taxi's are readily available but they are expensive. We would recommend Pusser's, Jolly Roger Inn and the Sugar Mill for dinner. Great local seafood is available at all.
The hotel's own restaurant is great as well. The food is nicely prepared and fresh. We had many wonderful meals right on sight. They will deliver your dinner to your villa for an additional charge, which is a nice option for a romantic dinner.
There is a spa on site...massages are fantastic and well worth the time and money.
The best thing about this hotel is that guests can do what they want at their own pace. It is very quiet so there is plenty of relaxation available. When you're ready, you can take a car to one of the many restaurants and other beaches. Cane Garden Bay has a great beach and the clearest water we have ever seen and we have travelled all over the Caribbean.
The island had a lot of rain before we were there so the bugs were out everywhere. Bring bug repellent. The hotel tries hard to take care of the bugs and has bug repellent available but you need it everywhere you go on the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel is a small, unique hotel located on Tortola, British Virgin Islands and is family owned & operated since 1969. Chosen by Discovery's Travel Channel, Fort Recovery was the only Hotel Selected on Tortola for their exclusive Caribbean showcase. They were also chosen as the Captain's Guide Magazine's "Best Resort," by the Reader's of the Captain's Guide Magazine. All suites are directly on the beach with Cable TV, A/C, free WI-FI, housekeeping, private balcony/patio/deck, living room, kitchen, master bedroom, full bathroom and more. Views are unmatched and completely unobstructed, right on the calm, Caribbean side of Tortola. On site is a full service Spa with professionally trained staff. There is an in-house, private restaurant also serving breakfast and dinner daily. 24/7 on-site management and knowledgeable front desk staff are always there at your service! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa Hotel Road Town
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa And Suites Hotel
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Hotel
- Hotel Fort Recovery Beachfront
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel Tortola/Road Town