Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel
US$223
Fort Burt Hotel(Road Town)
US$134
US$109
  • Pool
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewsliving roomwest endvirgin gordaprivate beachsoper's holeboat tripbig housecell phonehome away from homejost van dykeheaven on earththe sir francis drakehousekeeping stafflaid backbareboat charteranitaft
Reviewed 10 September 2010

I am a bit delayed in writing this review. My husband and I got married here on May 1st. We had a total of 20 people and everyone had a great time. We did some day trips and also just lounged by the beach or the pool. Everyone there is super nice, we had some issues with having hot water and they took care of it to the best of their abilities. Coming to the BVI you shouldnt expect a 5 star US type experiece, its not the way of the islands. Cute, nice rooms always clean and an ocean breeze. Who needs more? Pamelah was great and took care of everything, we just sent emails and an occasional phone call, and it was all set. Our group pretty much had the entire place to ourselves and everyone one had a good time and wants to go back. How often does that happen?

• Stayed: April 2010
3  Thank Tortola510
FortRecovery, Manager at Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2010

Thank you for your review of us! Congratulations again on your wedding!! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, and hope that your big event was special & memorable for you and your guests!

Best Wishes,

The Fort Recovery Staff

Reviewed 1 September 2010

I recently stayed at Fort Recovery. I had the chance to stay two weeks and was quite thrilled with my choice. I’ve been to a lot of Caribbean Hotels and honestly the accommodations at Fort Recovery were very different. My original plan coming to Tortola was to look for property to buy. By the time I got to the hotel, I was so tired; my big plans to scour the island for available real estate became a very exhausting concept.
The hotel however turned out to be very inviting. The first thing I noticed was the cleanliness. This is a quality that even in the nicest of Caribbean Hotels I haven’t found this always to be true. I am a stickler for cleanliness and choosing a beachfront property is not always guaranteed as the sea can sometimes bring a lot of dust.
The layout of the villa suite was also different. In most hotels I’ve found one large room with a little sitting area and fridge. In my villa I had a patio with private beach chairs, a table and a bucket of fresh water to clean my feet off from the ocean – a nice touch. Then there was a complete private living room with couch, end tables, lamps, beautiful paintings on the wall unlike other hotels where there is standard art around. Most of the paintings were local acrylics, one of which I wanted to purchase but instead the main office actually called the artist and he came down to the hotel and I purchased a lovely painting for $300 of a tropical scene with a beautiful sunset small enough to fit into my luggage.
The living room also had an extra chair and shelves filled with a lot of books. I happened to be a fan of the new book Eat, Pray, Love and a lot of the books were “New Age” type books along with current novels which I love to read. One of the favorite things I do on vacation is read and since I haven’t broken down and purchased a Kindle having real books available to me was great. After reading three Patterson Novels I came to the office to look to see if they had any more in the series and they took me to another villa where there were more books and I found two more. A great find.
The villa actually had a separate bedroom with bathroom and great AC. Although most hotels have AC, I was delighted by the modern looked like newly renovated style of the bathrooms. They were very modern and tiled with an unusual stone tile. The housekeeping everyday was very good with new clean great smelling towels and very nice people tending to the cleaning. I always enjoy meeting the local people. Most of the workers were from other countries like Jamaica, Dominican Republic which was great as I could practice my Spanish, St. Vincent, Guyana, and Haiti. It was like a little United Nations of the Caribbean.
I found Tortola a nice island to visit. It was very easy to take ferries to other islands. I made a trip to Peter Island. I had heard a lot about the hotel and wanted to indulge myself a little. The ferry ride was OK, not my favorite. It took a half hour. When I entered the resort it was nicely decorated. In the reception area they had a lovely collection of framed butterflies, internet services and the pool. I wasn’t allowed to use the pool as I wasn’t a guest but since I ate lunch there I was able to use the beach but not right in front of the hotel. I had to walk a bit to find a chair usable for non guests. This kind of annoyed me, especially since there weren’t any guests on the beach; however they seem to be very strict. All in all, I liked the place but I wouldn’t necessarily want to pay that much for a room not as big as where I was staying.
I rented a car on Tortola for a few days and drove to Cane Garden Bay beach one day. I forgot that Tortola has cruise ships occasionally so I ran into one of those days; however the cruisers left the beach around 3pm so it wasn’t that bad. I had been recommended to go to Myetts a beach bar but they were in the middle of lunch and dinner so I could only get snacks and drinks. They made a nice sweet drink for me with strawberries and rum. It was super tasty. I wasn’t that impressed with the décor, although it was very tropical it felt a bit cluttered and messy. After that I walked along the beach, took a swim and went back to Fort Recovery.
All in all I would definitely go back to Tortola, stay at Fort Recovery and if I had the chance to buy one of their villas I would be very happy as beachfront property for sale is extremely hard to come by in the Caribbean and on Tortola.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank djgmommy1
Reviewed 29 August 2010

After a week sailing this was a perfect way to end our holiday. The hotel has a fantastic atmosphere, food is great and service at the restaurant is a delight. A remarkable feature of this place is the cleaness. We stayed in a room with ktchennette and i am completely obssessed with kitchens and bathrooms and after my usual careful inspection i found the place immaculate!

• Stayed: August 2010
2  Thank lovelacuisine
Reviewed 26 August 2010

My family and I spent 7 days on a chartered catamaran in the BVI. We returned the boat to Tortola and spent two nights at Fort Recovery before returning home. Thank you to Pamelah for making us and our children feel so welcomed. It felt more like being a visitor to someone's home rather than a hotel. They brought extra blankets and other items to our room without us even asking, just to make us feel more comfortable. This is a very relaxing and comfortable place. Our unit was what is called the tree house and feels like a loved apartment with 2 bedrooms.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank MagPieII
FortRecovery, Manager at Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2010

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Making our customers feel like family and friends, not just "guests" is what we feel makes our place so special. Our villas are decorated and designed to feel much like home, with a unique Caribbean flair, much more than standard rooms, glad you enjoyed the "tree house"! We always try our best (even when things get really tough) to cater to our guests needs as much as possible. We hope that you return in the future!

Reviewed 25 August 2010