“Simply The Best”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Road Town
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Simply The Best”
Reviewed 20 December 2010

My wife and I have had the pleasure of spending our wedding anniversary in the BVI for the past 10 years. We bounced around for a few years experiencing the different resorts that the BVI offers until we came across Ft. Recovery on Tortola. We have watched as this lovely resort has developed into one of the leading destinations on the island while maintaining it’s laid back away from it all characteristics. The staff lead by Pamelah are attentive, friendly and provide an excellent atmosphere making one feel at home as though you would feel visiting an ole’ friend. We love to sit on the balcony of our suite in the early evening overlooking the sandy beach enjoying the sail boats as they navigate the waterway on Sir Francis Drake Channel. A short walk over to their secluded restaurant for a delightful dinner is the perfect ending to another day in the Caribbean. If you enjoy being away from the crowds, noise and hustle bustle of today’s world I recommend you check out this resort. Ft. Recovery has all of the modern day amenities one would expect. This is something we found that not all of the resorts in the BVI have to offer. We have made it our yearly destination.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pareid

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 December 2010

Perfect view (the balcony is basically 30ft from the sea), great sunsets, very clean room and linen, quiet, very spacious, free wifi internet, good service, great massage, good food and room service. Would definitely recommend it and we will definitely go back next time we are in town. Most importantly there is Pamelah there: She is the office manager who will make your life very very easy. We read about her here and it is all true: After our sailing trip we wanted to scuba dive to RMS Rhone the next day and despite all our efforts we could not arrange one. Pamelah made 5 calls and not only negotiated a good price for us but we ended up having a great experience. Our experience was simply great. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TevfikKaptan
FortRecovery, Manager at Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 24 December 2010
Thanks very much for your review of us!

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that SCUBA trip you so desperately wanted. We always try our best to make sure all of our guests are taken care of, both on property and when help is needed mapping out activities elsewhere. Please take care and we hope to see you in the future!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 December 2010

A catastrophic storm which destroyed our house coupled with my wife's landmark birthday left us in dire need of some serious, very remote chillin'. We fortunately found it at Fort Recovery with a villa right on the beach and incredible views of both St. John and a myriad of boats crossing the channel. Our sunset photographs would almost bring tears to your eyes. Most importantly, my wife got to relax on our private beach just ten feet from our porch and loved every minute of it. The room was larger than expected and included a small kitchen which was helpful - "remote" is great but it means their isn't much around so we'd suggest bringing some snacks and spirits with you. The big red bow on this present was the manager, Pamela, and the wonderful folks in the office. She tended to every need, and was instrumental in getting my hurry-up-city-boy butt to wind down and get on island time mon! When my wife was craving diet Coke, bam, there it was. Taxi, no problem. Ferry schedule, she'll call. My wife and I have been blessed to travel the world, and we both concur Fort Recovery is a real jewel comfortably situated on - to borrow lyrics from Steely Dan - a piece of island cooling in the sea. Don't miss this one if you're headed to BVI and want to avoid the crowds.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tojoro
Thank you for your wonderful review of us!

I am so happy that we were able to make your stay here a relaxing and care-free experience, especially after you were under a great deal of stress prior to arriving. We always try everything we can to make your stay at Fort Recovery as easy and stress-free as possible, even if it is just a Diet Coke and a Taxi! Do take care and we wish you all the best. We hope you are able to get away again and stay with us sometime in the future!
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 25 November 2010

Our spacious and comfortable suite fronting directly onto the private beach provided the ideal place for a relaxing, romantic break. Beautiful sunsets can be enjoyed from your own balcony. With its friendly and efficient staff and a wide range of services including a well appointed spa, the hotel provided everything we needed for our trip. Arriving in the evening, the hotel even contacted us en route to make sure we would have dinner available upon arrival, a sure sign that they care about their guests.
Conveniently located for access to the beautiful West End beaches of Tortola, only a short taxi ride from a choice of good local restaurants.
Thoroughly Recommended!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank citymadmandi
Bridgetown, Barbados
Reviewed 18 November 2010

I am currently staying at Fort Recovery and I unfortunately check out in about 4 days time. It's not my first time here, however each time makes me realize that this must be, if not the best place to stay in Tortola, then it's definitely way up there. The accommodation, furnishings, beds etc. are so comfortable and the attention to detail is impressive. The staff are lovely and bend over backwards to make your stay a stay to remember. The ocean views from the balcony are stunning and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Tortola. It's an ideal spot for honeymooners, couples, and families, but even as a single traveler on business it gives you the peace and quiet needed to conduct business and relax in your off time!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank Scary
FortRecovery, Manager at Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 21 November 2010
Thank you for your wonderful review of Fort Recovery! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and had a good experience. We hope you are able to return in the future and that we can make your next stay with us even more memorable!
watermadsam
Reviewed 9 October 2010

A few years ago, I wrote a glowing review about Fort Recovery on this site. At that time I had stayed there with my entire family. This time I went there alone because I wanted to relax and take some time out just to chill and have some 'me' time. Getting back there brought back memories of the last time that I was there. I was amazed at some of the new stuff that been added since my last visit. Things like the eight-bedroom villa and the gym. My one-bedroom villa was perfect for my needs and I could relax on the private beach. Then there was the food - excellent. Anita and Pamelah were still there and the staff were all very helpful and professional. I really missed not bringing the rest of my family along. They would have loved it. Having said that, it made me realise that Fort Recovery could cater for both the single traveller and the family. At the spur of the moment, I've decided to go back there for three weeks in the next few weeks. That's the pull that Fort Recovery has had on me. I recomend it highly.

Sam (Cambridgeshire, UK)

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
6 Thank watermadsam
Thank you Sam for your new review of us. We are always very proud when our guests are so pleased with their stay here! Thank you again, hope you are able to bring your family along next time!
Rockford, IL
Reviewed 20 September 2010

We stayed 4 nights in August at Fort Recovery with our 2 grown kids & our 2 year old granddaughter. Pamelah & I had communicated via phone & email prior to our visit to insure the accommodations would be appropriate for us, AND IT WAS AWESOME! They went out of their way to insure all our needs & many requests were met. From the time we arrived, it felt we were visiting a friend, not a guest of a hotel.

The accommodations are very clean (and I am a hard one to please in that regard), quite spacious and directly on the beach. It’s not a huge powder white beach, but more than adequate for size of the property. We found all the staff to be more than accommodating and extremely friendly. In addition Pamelah went out of her way repeatedly to accommodate us. She gave excellent recommendations & even made arrangements for excursions at our next destination.

Can’t wait to go back to our new home away from home!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Autograph Collection
Peter Island Resort and Spa
Peter Island Resort and Spa
#1 of 1 in Peter Island

Been to Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!