“Friendly and Accommodating”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
“Friendly and Accommodating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Fantastic fuss-free sandwiches and snacks, super friendly service and excellent sausage rolls. Have used them a couple of times for sandwich platters for corporate meetings and Tyler has produced a delicious variety of sandwiches at a great price, occasionally at the last minute too... (sorry Tyler!) Plenty of tasty baked goods to choose from.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank TheBarefootAngel

Tortola
“Wonderful sandwhiches, soups and sausage rolls”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

I regularly have / pick up lunch at Family Bakery as I work nearby. The soups and quiches and pies are all lovely and freshly made. Great place to stop by for a good value fresh tasty lunch.

Whilst it might not have the views of some other BVI restaurants if you are after a quick cheap tasty breakfast or lunch can't recommend it enough. It's also a great place to pick up lunch / picnic items and take them somewhere a little more scenic.

With daily interesting appetizing soup and salad specials, artisan sandwiches and wonderful freshly baked bread, varied preserves, beautiful dips and tasty tarts and cakes, would definitely recommend a visit.

1 Thank Emily0002
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing cakes and wonderful people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

I have never been to Tortola but was looking to order a cake for a dear friend who lives there. I have tried different searches but I could not find places or when I called, the numbers were not valid anymore. Finally I called Family Food Bakery and lovely Julia answered. She has been so helpful, guided me on what cake I should order and deliver it to my friend who was extremely surprised as even himself was not aware of such service in Tortola.
According to my friend the cake was amazing and he is definitely going to pay them more visits. As far as I am concern I cannot thank Julia enough for helping me making this moment possible and I will definitely pay them a visit should I ever go to Tortola.

1 Thank DonaS100
“Breath of fresh air”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

I ordered 2 Christmas hampers in December and they were amazing when I picked them up. Fresh, tasty and above all fantastic flavour. So pleased Tortola finally has some where to buy decent bread.

1 Thank Menar
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best bakery on island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

GREAT sandwiches, GREAT salads but most of all GGRREEAATT soups!! The Moroccan Chicken, Carrot and Coriander, for vegans and meat lovers, they cater to all, fresh, healthy and absolutely delicious. This bakery is a MUST try. Not to mention the Staff, warm like their breads and pastries :) !!

• Visited December 2013