We stayed here following a week long sailing trip. The 2 bedroom villa was perfect for 2 couples. Each bedroom had a nice big bathroom with walk in shower and the living room/dining/kitchen area was spacious, opening onto a balcony with stunning views. It was so quiet and relaxing there. Great happy hour with $3 mojitos and $2 fish or beef tacos. The bar wasn't always open so stock up and bring drinks from your villa. There were lots of private places to relax by the ocean and the pool - gazebos, lawn chairs, sofas, a private dock - plus a small lagoon perfect for youngsters. We were able to snorkel right at Frenchmans - better snorkeling other places in the BVIs but it was pretty wonderful here too. The "continental" breakfast is not continental at all. The chef prepares an entree of the day and you have a choice of that, or toast, or granola/yogurt. The entrees were things like breakfast burrito, quiche, omelette, etc. We ate dinner at the restaurant one night (it isn't open every night). Good food. But the happy hour tacos can make a complete dinner too. I would go back here again in a heartbeat. It is a short walk to the enclave of Sopers Hole where there's a large grocery and several other restaurants and shopping. I would advise getting a rental car - we used Sam the taxi driver - and while he was an outstanding guide and driver, we spent a lot of $ on rides. A rental car would've been more economical.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Frenchmans is a hidden jewel located on Frenchman's Cay on the southwest coast of the island of Tortola. Set on a dramatic point, we capture the welcoming turquoise waters of the Caribbean and its trade winds. Each of our nine private villas embodies an exquisite elegance, set amidst flourishing gardens with our own private pool, beach and tennis court. Our palette of luxury services including massage, secretarial and concierge ensures your stay will be as care free and indulgent as possible. Private villas include fully-equipped kitchens, ample living spaces, air-conditioned bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms and two or more balconies. Stunning panoramic views, soothing interior design and cool breezes set your body and soul at ease. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Frenchmans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Frenchmans Hotel West End
- Frenchmans Tortola/West End