Frenchmans BVI is a little slice of heaven. Located on a tiny cay in Tortola, it is still connected to the city but is in a completely private and serene spot. First of all, the staff is amazing. The breakfasts which are included in your stay are completely divine. Not your traditional restaurant food – this is fresh, gourmet, and incredible. If you have a chance to dine at the restaurant in the evening, make your reservation in advance. It is absolutely worth every penny.
The snorkeling around Frenchmans is so great. The area where they have created a man-made beach has turned into an unbelievable snorkeling spot that is perfect for children or beginners. We are advanced but still loved every minute snorkeling in that area. We saw barracudas, crabs, millions of tiny fish, halibut, and more.
There are beautiful, private and serene relaxation spots on the beach with umbrellas and lounge chairs. The beach area is nice but is not anything like Longbay Beach or Smugglers Cove but those are only a 10 minute cab ride or drive from Frenchmans.
The villas are gorgeous. They were clean, and very well decorated. The only thing I craved was more counterspace in the bathroom. The view of the sunrise from the deck is amazing. We set our alarm every morning and it was worth it each time. The patio furniture is comfortable and very nice.
Don't even get me started on the afternoon tacos. Talk about heaven! In the afternoons from I believe 3 to 5 their fish tacos and beef tacos are only two dollars each. And they are big! I don't like fish but I have to say I fell in love with their fish tacos. They were incredible and their beers are on discount during that time. Definitely spend some time sitting by the pool and having beers and fish tacos and just enjoying the scenery. It is amazing. Save room for dinner though.
A tip from me would be to buy coffee at the store before arriving if you are a coffee lover. After getting up early to watch the sunrises, we would have to wait an hour and a half before breakfast started.
A benefit to Frenchmans is that there are only eight villas and thus never more than 16 people in the restaurant for either breakfast or dinner. There was usually only two other couples at a time there. Because of that, the service is great and it is very exclusive. It was also really fun to meet the different couples and learn about why they love the BVI's so much.
If I had to come up with a downside – I would say the beach isn't your typical Virgin Island Beach, and if you are looking for bar nightlife or a busy beach resort that you can walk back to your room after a night of partying, this is not it. This is serene, quiet, exclusive, and peaceful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Frenchmans is a hidden jewel located on Frenchman's Cay on the southwest coast of the island of Tortola. Set on a dramatic point, we capture the welcoming turquoise waters of the Caribbean and its trade winds. Each of our nine private villas embodies an exquisite elegance, set amidst flourishing gardens with our own private pool, beach and tennis court. Our palette of luxury services including massage, secretarial and concierge ensures your stay will be as care free and indulgent as possible. Private villas include fully-equipped kitchens, ample living spaces, air-conditioned bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms and two or more balconies. Stunning panoramic views, soothing interior design and cool breezes set your body and soul at ease. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Frenchmans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Frenchmans Hotel West End
- Frenchmans Tortola/West End