Needing a place to go for a few days prior to a week on St. John, my husband and I decided to give Tortola a try. We chose Frenchman's based on the reviews we read and were not disappointed. From the moment we first contacted Frenchmans and throughout our stay, both Michelle and Ashleigh could not have been more accommodating. Picking us up at the ferry terminal, arranging a rental car, beach and restaurant suggestions - every possible need was attended to. Although we were told that the property was full during our stay, we only saw one other group which gave us the feeling that the beautiful surroundings were entirely ours! The rooms are elegantly furnished and extremely comfortable and the grounds are lush and well maintained. Although the restaurant was not formally open while we were there, an authentic Mexican dinner was being offered on Wednesday and Friday nights. We were wise enough to take advantage of this and were treated to the most romantic evening (we had the restaurant to ourselves) and a delicious meal expertly prepared by Estella. A daily buffet breakfast consisting of an assortment of cereals, fruit and pastries is available to all guests. We were sorry when it was time to leave - we would have loved to have stay longer and will certainly be returning to Frenchmans.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Frenchmans is a hidden jewel located on Frenchman's Cay on the southwest coast of the island of Tortola. Set on a dramatic point, we capture the welcoming turquoise waters of the Caribbean and its trade winds. Each of our nine private villas embodies an exquisite elegance, set amidst flourishing gardens with our own private pool, beach and tennis court. Our palette of luxury services including massage, secretarial and concierge ensures your stay will be as care free and indulgent as possible. Private villas include fully-equipped kitchens, ample living spaces, air-conditioned bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms and two or more balconies. Stunning panoramic views, soothing interior design and cool breezes set your body and soul at ease. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Frenchmans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Frenchmans Hotel West End
- Frenchmans Tortola/West End