“Only had the pastries, but yum!”

L.S.L. Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #26 of 38 Restaurants in Virgin Gorda
Reviewed 6 June 2011

Went here before going to Savannah Bay Beach, so we could have our breakfast on the beach! Super idea, pastries on a deserted beach, what paradise!
There was only pastries, banana bread or banana muffins to choose from at that time of morning (while we were there anyway). See photos.

We choose 4, strawberry, pineapple, coconut tart & an iced cinnamon roll. The lady, was very pleasant helping us, perhaps it was Ms. Beverly others have mentioned? She seemed to get a chuckle out of me asking if I could take photos. Hope she'll be pleased to see them on here! :)

The puff pastry was tender & yummy, the fillings sweet, more on the jam side of fruit, but lots of it. The coconut tart had nice spices & lots of coconut, but would like that filling in the puff pastry instead of the tart - which wasn't a tart per-say, more breaded like?

They are big and $2 each. Its a great local joint.

Reviewed 9 April 2011

After suffering through the awful food at the Rosewood resort where I was staying, i asked a local where they eat and he suggested here for Saturday lunch. I had swordfish, fresh vegetables and a rice pilaf for about $12. It's very basic home cooking (kinda what you'd find in an old southern US town), not fancy at all BUT the people were genuine and sweet, the baked goods were good and it was a welcomed change from an overpriced and underserving resort!

Reviewed 9 February 2011

We discovered this restaurant because of other reviews on TripAdvisor. Initially we went for some food to take to the house for lunch. They had a limited menu but we easily found dishes we liked. I selected the Jerk Chicken and my wife had Mahi Mahi. They placed the main dish in a convenient carry out box and added lots of extras such as rice, vegetables, Plantons (SP?), and Cole Slaw. All for about $12 each.

The second time we decided to eat in their dining area. Had a similar selection of main dishes and I had the BBQ Ribs while Joan had the Jerk Chicken. The ribs were the best I had on the island. Great sauce and plenty of them. We were a bit unsure about eating in but were surprised to see how nice their dinning area was. Reminded me of an Indian restaurant back home. Not real fancy but clean with cloth napkins and real silverware.

Our only regret was not getting a chance to try their Wednesday night fixed price BBQ. One person who did was raving about it. He said there was a large variety of meats. He also commented that they apologized for not having BBQ fish that night but only had BBQ Lobster...Bummer

PS: I got a yummy cinnamon role at the bakery for the next day's breakfast.

Reviewed 24 June 2009

LSL was a "feel right at home" mainstay for us while my family and I stayed on Virgin Gorda for 10 days in June 2009. Ms. Beverly and her staff are always welcoming and accommodating. Her bakery items are superb and lunch with the local school kids is a real culinary and cultural treat. Ms. Beverly blessed uswith her banana bread recipe which is to dye for! We will not miss the opportunity to visit the LSL on future trips to VG!
Coreso

Reviewed 6 March 2009

We stopped at LSL Bakery twice on our vacation last week. Once was to grab a snack and we got a cupcake and a coconut tart/pie. The coconut tart was quite good, and a good value. I'd pass on the cupcakes in the future..... it also appeared they had a good variety of sandwiches and other "food to go" that if you wanted to picnic at the Baths, it would be a good place to stop and grab some items for your picnic basket.

We also went back for dinner later in the week. We did not make reservations (which might explain some things) but it appeared that they became like a local hangout/bar in the evenings. They have an outdoor area, but they seated us in the dark little room off to the side of the bakery. The girl who seated us spoke Spanish, so she had to have someone else answer our question about the soup of the day and the pasta of the day. They were out of several menu items.

We got their conch fritters as an appetizer. They are more like Conch CAKES -- they were the same size as a crab cake. They were pretty good.
I ended up ordering the Mahi-Mahi, my husband got the crab cakes. Skip the crab cakes, they weren't that special. The mahi-mahi was ok, it was good, nothing overly special, but certainly good enough for the price (22 or 24 dollars).

Overall, for dinner, I felt like I was interrupting something by coming for dinner -- the food was ok. In the future, I would definitely stop to pick up baked goods or something for a lunch on the go, but probably not go for dinner.

1  Thank PittsburghPam