“Feel like a kid again...go climb on some rocks!”
Review of The Baths

The Baths
Book In Advance
More Info
US$300.00*
and up
Amazing Yacht Day Trips in the Virgin Islands
More attraction details
Owner description: The most well-known attraction on the island, these giant boulders or batholiths, brought to the surface by volcanic eruptions, are scattered about forming a beautiful grotto and tranquil pools.
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Our boat dropped us off shore and we swam in. If you aren't a strong swimmer, I REALLY don't recommend doing this in late November or December. The water is great, but the current is challenging. The beach is wonderful! The ROCKS! Huge and beautiful! There is a trail through the Baths, but it can be like a maze (and we did mistakenly did get off the main path.)

I can't recommend going thru the Baths if you aren't fit. My husband (6'2") had some difficulty and did get out of breath and there were a few scuffed ankles and scratched knees. You will have to climb up, over and duck under these huge wonderful boulders. There are also wooden stairs and a guide rope you will need to use to get thru the passage, but it is definitely worth it! It's like one of the magical play spaces you invented when you were a child. Overall, the Baths is a place you absolutely have to visit!

1  Thank IndyCruiseLover
Write a ReviewReviews (2,487)

Reviewed 4 January 2014

This was a one of a kind experience. Bring your water shoes though. Awesome, awesome,awesome!!! It was a very cool to walk in and around the stones. It felt like i was in the movie "the goonies"... Very cool and highly recommended.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Yes, when the cruise ship crowds are there it can be crowded. However, the Baths are only one part of this area - the other area is called "Devils Hole" which is accessed via a path that is extraordinary in and of itself. The path starts at the "Baths" and takes you through the rock formations - up rocks using a rope handle- or up and down wooden stairs- and paths through and around rocks. Not for those with physical issues. NOTE: Devils Hole can be reached via another parking lot. Ask you taxi driver to go to this lot.
Once you reach this area it is less crowed, but does not have the amenities that the "Baths" area does. So bring your drinks/snacks with you and enjoy the spectacular setting.
Another recommendation I read was to schedule your visit early in the day or later in the day to avoid the cruise ship crowds.
Beach was clean - swim area is marked so safe for snorkeling. I spent my time swimming and just looking at the rock formations - spectacular.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

The one place that was truly beautiful was The Baths. A couple miles drive from the resort and literally a mile walk down a boulder strewn path. I am not exaggerating. You need to wear tennis shoes to be safe and if you aren't somewhat fit I wouldn't recommend. We passed a middle aged woman and her son huffing on rock halfway down. Remember if you go down you gotta go up.

The beach at The Baths is incredible. Soft white sand, awesome snorkeling and cheap showers. Do not plan on sitting and enjoying the view, there are no chairs and no shade. There is one surely woman who seemed to maintain some sort of bar. We came, snorkeled, showered and climbed out.

If you visit I would suggest maybe going on snorkeling tour boat that would bring you there.
We ate at the restaurant there and the view was great.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Pretty cool sites and we saw and octopus in the shallows snorkeling, but overall it was too crowded for us and we weren't there on a day where the cruise ships were there. I would avoid this unless you get there by 8