Just got back from our second stay. Took my wife for our anniversary. Let's see....on our arrival @ Tortola airport, we were greeted by friendly staff and taken to a nearby boat dock. Waiting at the dock was a Catamaran with a friendly crew who fed us Rum Punch the whole way. The resort sign in was done on the boat this time - even better. A short 20 min ride to Little dix bay boat dock and we were back in heaven. We skipped the guest orientation, as we had the same room as last year, and hit the beach. When we arrived we were pleased to see a bottle of Champagne on ice waiting for us, along with a bottle of the resorts rum. If you go, the premium ocean view rooms are the best. 10 paces from your back patio and you are on the beach. The weather was great and the Painkillers were flowing.
The food was bountiful and great. Try the private torchlit dinner on the beach.The staff could not have been more accomodating. The Spa is amazing.
Before we returned to LDB, we wanted to go somewhere else just for variety. But we considered other options in the same price point...it was clear we had to go back. We we glad we did. And we are already choosing dates for our return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay is currently closed for a comprehensive renovation and is scheduled to re-open in late 2017. The iconic Rosewood Little Dix Bay is currently closed for a comprehensive, multi-million dollar restoration, which will be the most substantial beautification project since the resort was founded by Laurance S. Rockefeller over 50 years ago. The restoration will include the complete redesign of the resort’s guestrooms and suites, its three restaurants and overall enhancements to the resort’s gardens and landscaping. New York City-based Meyer Davis Studio will lead the restoration, working alongside Miami-based architectural firm OBMI. Together these agencies will honor Laurance S. Rockefeller’s unique vision of a luxurious hideaway set amidst the pristine backdrop of Virgin Gorda. The renewal will bring about a new level of sophistication in keeping with the natural setting, whilst introducing brand new signature suites for the ultimate in relaxation and style. A rebuilt Beach Grill will offer a one-of-a-kind beach dining experience, while the iconic Pavilion and Sugar Mill buildings will remain intact but will feature extended indoor/outdoor dining areas. Guests will also enjoy an elevated arrival experience and the resort’s vibrant tropical gardens will be enhanced with new lighting, signage and improved access to Little Dix Bay beach. The renovation will also bring the addition of new restaurant concepts for The Pavilion, Beach Grill and Sugar Mill; new world-class amenities; elevated service standards and an increased focus on sustainability. Upon reopening towards the end of 2017, Rosewood Little Dix Bay will reaffirm its legacy as the Caribbean’s leading luxury resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Rosewood Little Dix Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay Hotel Virgin Gorda
- Little Dix Bay Resort
- Little Dix Bay Virgin Islands
- Little Dix Bay Hotel Virgin Islands
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands