We just returned from a wonderful 8 day stay at Rosewood Little Dix Bay. We are sad to be home because it is one of the most beautiful places we have ever been. We were married there on November 3rd, and it was perfect. If anyone is considering a wedding here, you will NOT be disappointed. The grounds are beaufiful and the food was terrific.
We were greeted by the resort directly after landing in Tortola (Beef Island) and taken via the resorts boat to Little Dix Bay. We were offered Rum Punch and it was very refreshing after such a long day of travel. Everyone we encountered was extremely courtesous and very nice. There was a complimentary bottle of rum and champagne in our room upon arrival, and they provide you with water and ice daily as well.
The rooms are all very nice, from the garden view to the most expensive, you will have a view of the water and are just steps down your private path to the beach. The rooms are extremely private, with beautiful landscaping all around, and very quiet as there are no TV's. We booked an oceanview room but were upgraded to a beach cottage, Room 23, which was a great spot. Just far enough away from the dock area and not too far from the restaurants. When we were there, we had the beach to ourselves almost every single day. The sand is white, the water is a million shades of jewel tones and very clear. You can relax on the beach all day and someone will bring you drinks, or you can take a trip to a neighboring beach on the island, or you can snorkle. We saw numerous sea turtles and rays and fish. The resort was very quiet most of the time, until about the last couple days of our trip, when families started arriving for the busy season.
We did a meal plan for breakfast only. Breakfast buffett was delicious, fresh fruit and smoothies were amazing. The food is quite expensive, but that is to be expected and it is very very good. We only ate dinner off the resort one night in Spanish town but after that we stayed on the resort and ate at the Pavillion for dinner and the Beach Grill for lunch. Every meal we had was terrific (especially pasta night!)
The service you receive at Little Dix Bay is worth every penny, especially if it's your honeymoon, you deserve to splurge! Be sure to drink lots of Rum Punch and Painkillers while you are there! YUM
Be sure to visit the spa, the views are SPECTACULAR and while the services are pricey, it's totally worth it. Also try to visit The Baths, it is an amazing hike through ancient giant rocks to a gorgeous beach with good snorkeling. The resort provides a beach drop service to several beaches on the island.
We had an amazing, wonderful trip, and we will definitely be returning someday. We saw serveral elderly couples there who told us they had been visiting the resort for decades. We understand why! We can't wait to get back. Thank you to all the staff there, especially Dale George, the wedding coordinator there who helped make our special day so beautiful!
This place is truly paradise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay is currently closed for a comprehensive renovation and is scheduled to re-open in late 2017. The iconic Rosewood Little Dix Bay is currently closed for a comprehensive, multi-million dollar restoration, which will be the most substantial beautification project since the resort was founded by Laurance S. Rockefeller over 50 years ago. The restoration will include the complete redesign of the resort’s guestrooms and suites, its three restaurants and overall enhancements to the resort’s gardens and landscaping. New York City-based Meyer Davis Studio will lead the restoration, working alongside Miami-based architectural firm OBMI. Together these agencies will honor Laurance S. Rockefeller’s unique vision of a luxurious hideaway set amidst the pristine backdrop of Virgin Gorda. The renewal will bring about a new level of sophistication in keeping with the natural setting, whilst introducing brand new signature suites for the ultimate in relaxation and style. A rebuilt Beach Grill will offer a one-of-a-kind beach dining experience, while the iconic Pavilion and Sugar Mill buildings will remain intact but will feature extended indoor/outdoor dining areas. Guests will also enjoy an elevated arrival experience and the resort’s vibrant tropical gardens will be enhanced with new lighting, signage and improved access to Little Dix Bay beach. The renovation will also bring the addition of new restaurant concepts for The Pavilion, Beach Grill and Sugar Mill; new world-class amenities; elevated service standards and an increased focus on sustainability. Upon reopening towards the end of 2017, Rosewood Little Dix Bay will reaffirm its legacy as the Caribbean’s leading luxury resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rosewood Little Dix Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay Hotel Virgin Gorda
- Little Dix Bay Resort
- Little Dix Bay Virgin Islands
- Little Dix Bay Hotel Virgin Islands
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands