I worked for months researching upscale resorts in the Caribbean. I finally chose LDB because my parents had been there years ago on an anniversary trip and had heard many wonderful stories.
We are used to bigger resorts and I was a little nervous not having TV( pathetic, I know). So, we went ahead and booked and made sure to download books and TV episodes on my mini.
We arrived via St. Thomas And spent the night at Marriott's Frenchmen's Reef the night before. The flight was short and beautiful. Tito met us at the airstrip and took us to LDB.. Best cabi ever, btw!
After previewing 3 rooms, we chose#36 beach cottage.. Just perfect with an outdoor shower( a Must for me!)
Some have reviewed that the food is like a cruise...not so!! They obviously don't cruise.. It is wonderful! We chose a package that just included breakfast, so we could venture out a couple of nights (coco maya!!!)beach grill is Devine !! The sangria is amazing!!
Must do's...Norman Island, Sunset Cruise, spa, jeep rental, the Baths, Saba Rock, lunch at Bitter End Yacht Club, private beach dinner( Magdalena is the best !!!!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay is currently closed for a comprehensive renovation and is scheduled to re-open in late 2017. The iconic Rosewood Little Dix Bay is currently closed for a comprehensive, multi-million dollar restoration, which will be the most substantial beautification project since the resort was founded by Laurance S. Rockefeller over 50 years ago. The restoration will include the complete redesign of the resort’s guestrooms and suites, its three restaurants and overall enhancements to the resort’s gardens and landscaping. New York City-based Meyer Davis Studio will lead the restoration, working alongside Miami-based architectural firm OBMI. Together these agencies will honor Laurance S. Rockefeller’s unique vision of a luxurious hideaway set amidst the pristine backdrop of Virgin Gorda. The renewal will bring about a new level of sophistication in keeping with the natural setting, whilst introducing brand new signature suites for the ultimate in relaxation and style. A rebuilt Beach Grill will offer a one-of-a-kind beach dining experience, while the iconic Pavilion and Sugar Mill buildings will remain intact but will feature extended indoor/outdoor dining areas. Guests will also enjoy an elevated arrival experience and the resort’s vibrant tropical gardens will be enhanced with new lighting, signage and improved access to Little Dix Bay beach. The renovation will also bring the addition of new restaurant concepts for The Pavilion, Beach Grill and Sugar Mill; new world-class amenities; elevated service standards and an increased focus on sustainability. Upon reopening towards the end of 2017, Rosewood Little Dix Bay will reaffirm its legacy as the Caribbean’s leading luxury resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Rosewood Little Dix Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay Hotel Virgin Gorda
- Little Dix Bay Resort
- Little Dix Bay Virgin Islands
- Little Dix Bay Hotel Virgin Islands
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands