My husband and I are avid travelers and spent lots of time researching for our honeymoon after our destination wedding. After reading countless reviews about how romantic and luxurious LDB was we splurged and booked our week long trip. We could not have been more disappointed with the quality, service or lack of luxury at LDB. Below are our three biggest concerns that would prevent us from recommending this hotel:
We stayed in a treehouse room because we were told these were close to the beach and families were not allowed to stay here due to the height. The rooms were less than luxurious. They are close to the service road so you have to keep the shades drawn for privacy, and there is no way to view the water front anywhere you can sit in the room. After two days we brought this to the attention of the management and they upgraded us to a junior suite. If you do stay at LDB I would not stay in any room categories lower than this as they are not acceptable for the price range.
Family Resort, not for couples!
This resort is clearly a family vacation spot and NOT meant for couples. There were families everywhere and absolutely no privacy or luxurious adults only environment. We are in no way against traveling to family friendly resorts but children clearly rule the hotel here. Large families were on vacation and left their children mostly unattended at the pool, beach and restaurant areas. The property is very safe so I understand this, however it is not ideal for honeymooners. There were even small children at the spa pool!! You should know the main hotel pool (only pool besides the spa pool that is only available during your treatments) closes at 6pm!! All restaurants on the property close at 9pm!!! There are no lights on the beach and absolutely nothing going on after dinner.
Food and Service were below par:
The hotel is quoted constantly for having outstanding service. We noticed very quickly that while the hotel had very friendly staff, they were not providing good service. We waiting long periods of time for food and drinks. One day towels were not made available at the pool or beach until well after 11am. The food was also severely lacking for the price. We opted for the Romance Package which included three meals so we ate every meal on the property. There was only one choice for breakfast, which was a buffet with only a few items that NEVER changed. We also only had one option for lunch with a menu that NEVER changed. For dinner we had a choice of buffet or a la cart. Men had to wear long pants to the a la cart restaurant and the food was a little better, but again the menu did not change. The buffet dinner was less than appetizing with lots of repeat (left overs) from one night to the next.
We have brought all our concerns to the management who received the suggestions well and have told us they are working on making changes to create more separation for adults. Until this change happens I cannot recommend the hotel for couples. And really unless the food were to improve or you eat only off property I couldn't recommend it to anyone in this price category. After sailing around BVI there are plenty of other areas with just as nice a location that provided better food, accommodations, service and experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay is currently closed for a comprehensive renovation and is scheduled to re-open in late 2017. The iconic Rosewood Little Dix Bay is currently closed for a comprehensive, multi-million dollar restoration, which will be the most substantial beautification project since the resort was founded by Laurance S. Rockefeller over 50 years ago. The restoration will include the complete redesign of the resort’s guestrooms and suites, its three restaurants and overall enhancements to the resort’s gardens and landscaping. New York City-based Meyer Davis Studio will lead the restoration, working alongside Miami-based architectural firm OBMI. Together these agencies will honor Laurance S. Rockefeller’s unique vision of a luxurious hideaway set amidst the pristine backdrop of Virgin Gorda. The renewal will bring about a new level of sophistication in keeping with the natural setting, whilst introducing brand new signature suites for the ultimate in relaxation and style. A rebuilt Beach Grill will offer a one-of-a-kind beach dining experience, while the iconic Pavilion and Sugar Mill buildings will remain intact but will feature extended indoor/outdoor dining areas. Guests will also enjoy an elevated arrival experience and the resort’s vibrant tropical gardens will be enhanced with new lighting, signage and improved access to Little Dix Bay beach. The renovation will also bring the addition of new restaurant concepts for The Pavilion, Beach Grill and Sugar Mill; new world-class amenities; elevated service standards and an increased focus on sustainability. Upon reopening towards the end of 2017, Rosewood Little Dix Bay will reaffirm its legacy as the Caribbean’s leading luxury resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your Rosewood Little Dix Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay Hotel Virgin Gorda
- Little Dix Bay Resort
- Little Dix Bay Virgin Islands
- Little Dix Bay Hotel Virgin Islands
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands