“LDB Never Dissappoints!”

Rosewood Little Dix Bay
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Virgin Gorda
“LDB Never Dissappoints!”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My wife and I returned to LDB this year for our 22nd anniversary celebration. The resort always delivers from the rooms, to the friendly staff, amazing food, spa and incredible beach.
If you want to sit back, relax and breathe some much needed romance back into your marriage, this is the place.

Thanks LDB staff for making our stay so memorable.

Room Tip: stayed in beachfront 24, which provides close easy access to some of the best beach and convenient a...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Little Dix was absolute paradise! My husband and I spent 8 glorious days at the resort in Virgin Gorda for our honeymoon, and it could not have been more perfect. The customer service was top notch. Everyone from the front desk receptionists to the waitstaff called us by name throughout our stay. We purchased the Romance Package, which I would highly recommend as we feel we got a great value, especially given that all of our food was included.

FOOD: The Beach Grill was a perfect lunch spot. Upon being seated, the waitstaff brings you a cold towel to cool off that smells like fresh flowers. They had great salads and wraps and the drinks, which weren't included in our package, weren't expensive. The rum punch is a must! The Sugar Mill was fantastic for dinner. The majority of their tables are right up against the sand, where you can dine by candlelight overlooking the water. A reservation is helpful, especially if you want to sit by the sand. The food, all of which was included in our package (even the lobster/steak surf and turf) was five star, and the drinks were reasonably priced. We would also recommend going out to eat off the resort. We tried Coco Maya, and it was hands down one of our favorite restaurants we've ever been to. I would recommend going a bit early before your reservation so you can enjoy a fun cocktail while sitting on a wooden swing at the bar.

ACTIVITIES: As part of our Romance Package, we received a couples massage at the spa. It was fantastic! Before your massage, you get to spend time sipping on a cocktail overlooking an infinity pool and the ocean. It was the most relaxing thing we did on our trip. I also received a facial with fruit extracts - it was fabulous and helped with my sunburn. We also participated in the sunset cruise and beach drop, which were part of our package and highly recommended. The cruise was a lot of fun. We were on a small boat with a few other couples and got to cruise around the island while snacking on appetizers and sipping on wine. The captain could not have been friendlier, pointing out all of the neighboring islands (including Richard Branson's private island) and refilling our glasses with each person's favorite wine! The beach drops are also great. We got to pick out a picnic lunch for our drop, which was delivered to us in a cooler along with a beach umbrella. This is no ordinary picnic lunch - they gave us small side salads with fresh veggies, gourmet lobster sandwiches, bottled water and a bottle of wine. We met our boat driver by the Beach Grill, and he drove us over to the Baths for the day along with our picnic lunch. When going to the Baths, I would definitely recommend bringing water shoes and a waterproof camera, both of which you can buy at the resort.

ROOM: We stayed in an ocean cottage a little further down from the Beach Grill. Our room was always cool and very clean. They offered turn down service every night, leaving a fresh flower on your bed and soothing music on the radio. I also greatly appreciated the golf cart service - any time we needed a ride to dinner, the spa or anywhere on the resort, we could call down to the front desk and within 5 minutes, a golf cart would come and pick us up!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Keli P
London
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Little Dix Bay offers everything you could wish for for a perfect family vacation. The staff are friendly and it has almost everything you could ask for. The Tennis courts and spa are fantastic as well as the restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for one as close to the beach as possible.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Cruz Bay, St. John
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

A colleague of mine insisted that we spend a night at LDB so I could indulge in my most fav activity -spa hopping. She has a former business connection with the resort as she used to work with the Caneel Resort in St. John. LDB will NOT disappoint. I was touched by the simple elegance and luxury of our villa. Detailed with all of the special touches you would expect from a rosewood resort. The staff is top notch, personable yet non intrusive. The pool and beach is meticulously kept with beautiful gardens. My only slight disappointment was the meal selection the night we were there, it was very ordinary for dinner. But the breakfast spread made up for it, a delicate selection of meats and cheeses. Reminiscing of Italy while we had breakfast and enjoyed the beautiful arid scenery of Virgin Gorda.
I will be returning to LDB since it's in my backyard here in the Caribbean. This may be one of my all time favorite resorts.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank princessbadissa
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We were here 2 months ago and I am still thinking about Little Dix! Within 15 minutes of arriving I was really excited about this trip. The grounds are expansive and luxurious (in true Rockefeller style). We booked the lowest category room and I thought it was great. Newly remodeled and all the creature comforts. The food and drink were awesome. The staff was the nicest I have ever experienced in the carribean. They have a dock right at the hotel which is so convenient for the day trips offered. There is also the famous "beach drops" where you pack a lunch and they will drop you off and pick you up at several beaches around the island. Coolers are provided along with snorkel gear. The pool area is nice to sit for a drink after a beach day. It is a quiet resort and island -- perfect for older honeymooners and couple get-aways. (I think younger honeymooners would be happier in a place that had a town with more action). I don't think I would bring my young children here due to how expensive it was (although there were many children there). We were here off season, so the rates were drastically cut. Perhaps if I paid a full rate I would have found more issues with the resort? However, we are definitely going to return here! email me any questions.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cheryl5418
Montana
Reviewed 24 September 2013

No crowds, just pristine waters and sand. Truly a spectacular island and is one of our favorite destinations. My husband and I with three teenagers were never bored since the resort offers so many activities including diving, which was wonderful. We will be back in 18 months!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank activefamily
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I visited LDB with my family (four kids in total) and have to say it was the best holiday of my life. I genuinely wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone and if I had the chance (and money) to return I would in a heart beat.

The service/staff: All lovely, smiles all around, brilliant people working in the kids area when the parents want to go for a romantic meal on their own. People wander up the beach offering water and ice while you sunbathe which is a nice touch (and free), they don't hassle you though - just a friendly offer and they're happy to stay or move on just as quickly. I hate when people try to approach you on holiday and interrupt your fun/family time but they really did get the measure of people straight away and remembered if you had wanted water or not and would either come back to you and offer more (if you had said yes previously) or remember not to.

Rooms: Were big, we had all four kids in one room and there were no complaints or arguments about space/toys/who put what where! Bliss! There were a few mosquitos in the room, the eldest child had about 60 bites in total by the end of the holiday. Nothing can really be done on this score unfortunately, but it certainly didn't ruin our holiday. We had a slight incident when the youngest child (3) walked out into the garden before an evening meal and walked on top of a red ants nest; the screams were unreal and we soon realised that there were nests all over the grounds which certainly affected the way the kids played outside after that! Again though, this was just nature doing its thing so we can't hold it against the resort/the people running it. I would just ask them to keep on top of these things to avoid further accidents.

Food: We have one very fussy child so I was pleasantly surprised to see some thoughtful breakfast options when it comes to this. There was always a selection of muffins (chocolate was a favourite of ours) and of course a brilliant array of fruits (exotic and more 'normal) as well as juices etc. So no problems there. Dinners were always a fun affair, getting a little dressed up as is the requirement depending on which restaurant you wish to go. The setting is very beautiful, such lovely views of the surroundings, sunsets and beaches. Beautiful.

Beach: This place is literally the ideal beach holiday if what you're looking for is white sand and clear, warm water. There were a few very small jellyfish (we only once saw a giant one wash up on the sea which was soon "dealt with"). I went snorkling and saw a manataray, barracuda and (I think) a sea cucumber! I went out one afternoon on a lilo with an American I met and in no time we had several schools of fish swimming underneath us, it actually made me scream with surprise lol but was good fun. Have never experienced that before or since; definitely a lasting memory!

Excursions: We took a speed boat to a nearby beach/cove and took some nice underwater photos with Nemo's and Dori's which was amazing; I can't remember the name of the place but it's worth asking at the hotel to find out where you can do this. The sea was sooooo blue it didn't seem possible! We also went parasailing which was ace, first time I did it and loved it.

I know this review is quite long but frankly you will love this location; it's a great place to bring families and is also romantic enough for couples! Go! You won't regret one second of it!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Autograph Collection
Peter Island Resort and Spa
Peter Island Resort and Spa
#1 of 1 in Peter Island

Been to Rosewood Little Dix Bay? Share your experiences!