“The best honeymoon we could have imagined.”

Rosewood Little Dix Bay
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Virgin Gorda
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We spent a week at Little Dix Bay for our honeymoon and couldn't have picked a more beautiful and tranquil place.

We had concerns about the resort being too crowded and not "secluded" enough for our honeymoon, but from the second they picked us up from the airport on Virgin Gorda, we were overwhelmingly taken care of.

I am already running out of adjectives. The beach is perfectly maintained, beach chairs are spread out, service is prompt, and we even were able to swim with turtles a few feet off the beach on 3 difference occasions.

Also, the beach drops are amazing. Other resorts offer motor boats to use as you please, but not having to fuss over the responsibility of our own boat and driving it was very satisfying. We spent a full day at a beach drop at Mountain Trunk Bay and had a ball.

A big, gigantic thanks goes to a few specific people who really went above and beyond at Little Dix Bay to make our stay something else: Denesha (may have spelled it wrong, sorry!) at the front desk was the best - she looked out for us and went above and beyond more than multiple times. Sharon worked at the beach grill and took drink orders on the beach - a lovely woman who kept us very happy during our stay. Terry was our attendant during our dinner on the beach and was incredibly attentive and kind. Tito, the taxi driver, provided great narration of the island and its history and was a lot of fun to be around.

Overall, book it, its easily worth it.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Junior Suite, #43. Only about 20 steps from the beach, and the porch looked directly...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jesse Z

Reviewed 27 October 2013

The most beautiful landscape I`ve ever seen. The SPA is at the top of the mountain and in the afternoon you can relax at the pool whist watching the sunset in the horizon, after having massage of many different types. There are many watersports available such as bobbie cat, wind surf,canoeing, scuba diving, etc..

Room Tip: Well I stayed at the last villa in bay.It was wonderful since I had a private pool, external dinner...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My wife and I returned to LDB this year for our 22nd anniversary celebration. The resort always delivers from the rooms, to the friendly staff, amazing food, spa and incredible beach.
If you want to sit back, relax and breathe some much needed romance back into your marriage, this is the place.

Thanks LDB staff for making our stay so memorable.

Room Tip: stayed in beachfront 24, which provides close easy access to some of the best beach and convenient a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Little Dix was absolute paradise! My husband and I spent 8 glorious days at the resort in Virgin Gorda for our honeymoon, and it could not have been more perfect. The customer service was top notch. Everyone from the front desk receptionists to the waitstaff called us by name throughout our stay. We purchased the Romance Package, which I would highly recommend as we feel we got a great value, especially given that all of our food was included.

FOOD: The Beach Grill was a perfect lunch spot. Upon being seated, the waitstaff brings you a cold towel to cool off that smells like fresh flowers. They had great salads and wraps and the drinks, which weren't included in our package, weren't expensive. The rum punch is a must! The Sugar Mill was fantastic for dinner. The majority of their tables are right up against the sand, where you can dine by candlelight overlooking the water. A reservation is helpful, especially if you want to sit by the sand. The food, all of which was included in our package (even the lobster/steak surf and turf) was five star, and the drinks were reasonably priced. We would also recommend going out to eat off the resort. We tried Coco Maya, and it was hands down one of our favorite restaurants we've ever been to. I would recommend going a bit early before your reservation so you can enjoy a fun cocktail while sitting on a wooden swing at the bar.

ACTIVITIES: As part of our Romance Package, we received a couples massage at the spa. It was fantastic! Before your massage, you get to spend time sipping on a cocktail overlooking an infinity pool and the ocean. It was the most relaxing thing we did on our trip. I also received a facial with fruit extracts - it was fabulous and helped with my sunburn. We also participated in the sunset cruise and beach drop, which were part of our package and highly recommended. The cruise was a lot of fun. We were on a small boat with a few other couples and got to cruise around the island while snacking on appetizers and sipping on wine. The captain could not have been friendlier, pointing out all of the neighboring islands (including Richard Branson's private island) and refilling our glasses with each person's favorite wine! The beach drops are also great. We got to pick out a picnic lunch for our drop, which was delivered to us in a cooler along with a beach umbrella. This is no ordinary picnic lunch - they gave us small side salads with fresh veggies, gourmet lobster sandwiches, bottled water and a bottle of wine. We met our boat driver by the Beach Grill, and he drove us over to the Baths for the day along with our picnic lunch. When going to the Baths, I would definitely recommend bringing water shoes and a waterproof camera, both of which you can buy at the resort.

ROOM: We stayed in an ocean cottage a little further down from the Beach Grill. Our room was always cool and very clean. They offered turn down service every night, leaving a fresh flower on your bed and soothing music on the radio. I also greatly appreciated the golf cart service - any time we needed a ride to dinner, the spa or anywhere on the resort, we could call down to the front desk and within 5 minutes, a golf cart would come and pick us up!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Keli P
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Little Dix Bay offers everything you could wish for for a perfect family vacation. The staff are friendly and it has almost everything you could ask for. The Tennis courts and spa are fantastic as well as the restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for one as close to the beach as possible.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2013

A colleague of mine insisted that we spend a night at LDB so I could indulge in my most fav activity -spa hopping. She has a former business connection with the resort as she used to work with the Caneel Resort in St. John. LDB will NOT disappoint. I was touched by the simple elegance and luxury of our villa. Detailed with all of the special touches you would expect from a rosewood resort. The staff is top notch, personable yet non intrusive. The pool and beach is meticulously kept with beautiful gardens. My only slight disappointment was the meal selection the night we were there, it was very ordinary for dinner. But the breakfast spread made up for it, a delicate selection of meats and cheeses. Reminiscing of Italy while we had breakfast and enjoyed the beautiful arid scenery of Virgin Gorda.
I will be returning to LDB since it's in my backyard here in the Caribbean. This may be one of my all time favorite resorts.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank princessbadissa
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We were here 2 months ago and I am still thinking about Little Dix! Within 15 minutes of arriving I was really excited about this trip. The grounds are expansive and luxurious (in true Rockefeller style). We booked the lowest category room and I thought it was great. Newly remodeled and all the creature comforts. The food and drink were awesome. The staff was the nicest I have ever experienced in the carribean. They have a dock right at the hotel which is so convenient for the day trips offered. There is also the famous "beach drops" where you pack a lunch and they will drop you off and pick you up at several beaches around the island. Coolers are provided along with snorkel gear. The pool area is nice to sit for a drink after a beach day. It is a quiet resort and island -- perfect for older honeymooners and couple get-aways. (I think younger honeymooners would be happier in a place that had a town with more action). I don't think I would bring my young children here due to how expensive it was (although there were many children there). We were here off season, so the rates were drastically cut. Perhaps if I paid a full rate I would have found more issues with the resort? However, we are definitely going to return here! email me any questions.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 1 in North Sound
Mango Bay Resort
Mango Bay Resort
#2 of 7 in Virgin Gorda

Been to Rosewood Little Dix Bay? Share your experiences!