We spent a week at Little Dix Bay for our honeymoon and couldn't have picked a more beautiful and tranquil place.
We had concerns about the resort being too crowded and not "secluded" enough for our honeymoon, but from the second they picked us up from the airport on Virgin Gorda, we were overwhelmingly taken care of.
I am already running out of adjectives. The beach is perfectly maintained, beach chairs are spread out, service is prompt, and we even were able to swim with turtles a few feet off the beach on 3 difference occasions.
Also, the beach drops are amazing. Other resorts offer motor boats to use as you please, but not having to fuss over the responsibility of our own boat and driving it was very satisfying. We spent a full day at a beach drop at Mountain Trunk Bay and had a ball.
A big, gigantic thanks goes to a few specific people who really went above and beyond at Little Dix Bay to make our stay something else: Denesha (may have spelled it wrong, sorry!) at the front desk was the best - she looked out for us and went above and beyond more than multiple times. Sharon worked at the beach grill and took drink orders on the beach - a lovely woman who kept us very happy during our stay. Terry was our attendant during our dinner on the beach and was incredibly attentive and kind. Tito, the taxi driver, provided great narration of the island and its history and was a lot of fun to be around.
Overall, book it, its easily worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay is currently closed for a comprehensive renovation and is scheduled to re-open in late 2017. The iconic Rosewood Little Dix Bay is currently closed for a comprehensive, multi-million dollar restoration, which will be the most substantial beautification project since the resort was founded by Laurance S. Rockefeller over 50 years ago. The restoration will include the complete redesign of the resort’s guestrooms and suites, its three restaurants and overall enhancements to the resort’s gardens and landscaping. New York City-based Meyer Davis Studio will lead the restoration, working alongside Miami-based architectural firm OBMI. Together these agencies will honor Laurance S. Rockefeller’s unique vision of a luxurious hideaway set amidst the pristine backdrop of Virgin Gorda. The renewal will bring about a new level of sophistication in keeping with the natural setting, whilst introducing brand new signature suites for the ultimate in relaxation and style. A rebuilt Beach Grill will offer a one-of-a-kind beach dining experience, while the iconic Pavilion and Sugar Mill buildings will remain intact but will feature extended indoor/outdoor dining areas. Guests will also enjoy an elevated arrival experience and the resort’s vibrant tropical gardens will be enhanced with new lighting, signage and improved access to Little Dix Bay beach. The renovation will also bring the addition of new restaurant concepts for The Pavilion, Beach Grill and Sugar Mill; new world-class amenities; elevated service standards and an increased focus on sustainability. Upon reopening towards the end of 2017, Rosewood Little Dix Bay will reaffirm its legacy as the Caribbean’s leading luxury resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rosewood Little Dix Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay Hotel Virgin Gorda
- Little Dix Bay Resort
- Little Dix Bay Virgin Islands
- Little Dix Bay Hotel Virgin Islands
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands