Rosewood Little Dix Bay
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Very Good 4/5
  • Beachfront
Mango Bay Resort(Virgin Gorda)
  • Pool
Saba Rock Resort(Virgin Gorda)
Good 3.5/5
Guana Island(Guana Island)
Excellent 5/5
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
All reviewsmeal planrum punchlobsterwater sportslow seasonsan juanhog heavenscuba divingworld classboat tripgorgeous viewsbitter endbayspabathsresortcaribbean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I just returned from our Honeymoon at LDB and it was absolute perfection. We've traveled extensively throughout the Caribbean and USA and were thoroughly impressed with the location, room, and staff. We rate it up with our other favorites including the Lodge at Pebble Beach and the Sanctuary in Kiawah .

This was our first visit to Virgin Gorda and will certainly not be our last - we're already planning to celebrate our first anniversary at LDB.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wheelman12
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I could write 5 pages about this place, and our trip - it was a dream come true, and I am not easily impressed. There is a reason people go back to this place year after year, it is just "special". We have already booked again for next year, and we usually have a "no place twice" rule in our family - that should say enough.

We decided to take our 1.5 year old with us, and we could not have been ANY happier. Upon glorious arrival, we checked in to our gorgeous room (#61) that was 20 feet from the beach. There was a crib, cookies, baby bathtub, baby shapmpoo, monitor, and high chair all set up. Talk about easy. We called and ordered room service and realized that kids under 5 eat free.....UNREAL!! We had the same nanny come and watch our child everyday (Maria - absolutely the BEST!). It was a dream vacation and what makes this place so great is the people. #1, they love babies - which is so great when you are traveling with kids. We could literally spend 15 minutes at the buffet line, and all of the waitstaff would be entertaining our child. The service is the best I have ever come across.

LDB is possibly the most gorgeous place I have ever stayed. You just sit outside your room and are in awe of the view. The pool is INSANELY gorgeous, and it looks like it was built right into nature. They have lovely people that bring snacks there as well, bonus.

LDB does't nickel and dime you. Yes, you may pay a bit more for rooms, but you get SO MUCH. They have complimentary suntan lotion for kids and adults. A free bottle of rum in the room. Snorkeling gear....beach drops (you will never find that anywhere else) and very nice non-motorized boats to use. They do a very nice Managers reception on Monday nights which was great, good company, food, and drinks. The maid service was fantastic.

SPA - greatest spa (and i love my spas) I have ever been to. The view is indescribable. The service was perfect. Each service is done in its own small house, and after your sevice you are allowed to sit on your private patio and enjoy the view. Greatest spa ever.
Just go here. My head is spinning with how wonderful it is, I can't put into words. Few other things not to miss: the two hikes that depart from the hotel, Hog Heaven (unreal view), great dinner at Cocomaya, hit up the rum bars in Spanish town, get the Lobster lunch for a beach drop. Also, we flew into VG but flew out of Tortola. I absolutely loved the ferry ride back to Tortola. I kind of wish we had taken it into the resort.

Room Tip: Room #61 - we could have our baby sleeping, with the monitor stretching right to our beach chairs. Great terrace too.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank lcron
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We just got back from our honeymoon at Little Dix Bay and it was more amazing than we could have imagined. Upon arrival, the staff is extremely welcoming and hospitable. Our room was spacious and pristine, had an amazing view, and very cool air conditioning that one can really appreciate in the Virgin Islands. Our private patio and bedroom view showed we were just steps from the beautiful bay Little Dix calls home. The beach at Little Dix is beautiful with lots of natural shade to stay cool and out of the sun and calm crystal blue water. The servers at all the restaurants are very friendly, which makes the dinning experience even more enjoyable. We can't wait to go back with our extended family to share this amazing place with them.

Room Tip: All rooms have an ocean view and similar feels. I recommend staying on the second floor of a premium ocean view. If you have a harder time getting around, be sure to book a room closer to the front desk as the resort is very spread out.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristin S
Reviewed 23 November 2013

My husband and I vacationed here October 20-24 for our 15th anniversary. There are no words to describe the beauty of the views from our gorgeous room (ocean view rm. #118) and well groomed beach. Every morning, the sun rose just over the mountain with a perfect view from our room and when we stepped out on our balcony the beach was being groomed for the day! There are so many indescribable things about this trip, that I will only be able to highlight just a few. I want to also say that the employees at LDB are a cut above! They all seemed to know our names and several treated us like family! 1) Take advantage of the beach drops & snorkeling equipment! The pristine waters and colorful fish are unbelievable. Get Dave to help you plan your day and then let Liam or Ian take you there by boat! Thanks guys! 2) Splurge for a torch lit beach dinner. 3) We highly recommend paying the extra for a private LDB water taxi from Beef Island for your arrival and departure. Thanks Leslie, for all the fishing stories and cold rum punch! 4) Take the sunset cruise! Thanks Glanvel! 5) Attend the manager's welcoming reception! 6) Take home some of Venita's hot sauce! Lastly, and most importantly, if you are considering a trip to LDB - stop considering - just GO, you will not regret it! It will be the best vacation of your life!

Room Tip: rooms near the spa are quiet
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Neat007
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I always enjoy Little Dix & do believe LD to be one of the best. We were at LD for
a week & had an enjoyable time. We had the dining plan which is almost too much....
three great meals every day . Although LD has expanded the number of rooms over the years,there is more than an adequate beach with no crowds .We also enjoy the nearby hiking trails & many afternoons take a walk into Spanish Town .

Room Tip: Ocean front & ocean view rooms all seem to have great views
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple