Rosewood Little Dix Bay
Gordian Terrace(Virgin Gorda)(Great Value!)
US$232
Travelocity
US$235
US$223
Fort Burt Hotel(Road Town)
US$134
US$109
  • Pool
Mango Bay Resort(Virgin Gorda)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsmeal planrum punchlobsterwater sportslow seasonsan juanhog heavenscuba divingworld classboat tripgorgeous viewsbitter endbayspabathsresortcaribbean
Reviewed 5 December 2013

LDB is an absolute gem! My wife and I were there for four nights on our honeymoon while island hopping in the Virgin Islands - and it turned out to be the best by far. Virgin Gorda is a bit further than the rest of the standard islands, and that benefits it greatly. After a 1-1/2 hour ferry ride, we found ourselves at the small port and realized it was a simple 3 minute taxi ride to the resort. They granted us a free upgrade and provided us a bottle of champagne along with the typical bottle of island rum. The room was very spacious, and extremely comfortable. The outdoor shower was amazing; the warm fresh tropical air to breath as you freshen up. There was also a his and hers counter top duet, and a large tub (although we never got in). The balcony was huge, and included a very comfortable couch and set of chairs that were great for lounging and taking in the sights and natural sounds. The beachfront was very private with crystal clear water, pristine beaches, and plenty of amenities / chairs / tables - and good service from the staff. There was a great variety of marine life just inside the bay, including sea turtles and sting rays; we spent hours and hours snorkeling around. The food was really good from breakfast, through lunch on the beach, to their nice restaurants. Naturally, the prices were a bit high - but it was worth every penny! The service proved to be very helpful, and there was someone there to help out at any given time.
I would recommend this place to friends and family over any other I have been to before, and a return trip will be in the works shortly; back in Denver now with temperatures below zero degrees Fahrenheit - and seriously can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We stayed a medium distance from the main lodge, and it was more than private enough. We were on the second level and had amazing views of the bay!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RyanNowosielski
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I just returned from our Honeymoon at LDB and it was absolute perfection. We've traveled extensively throughout the Caribbean and USA and were thoroughly impressed with the location, room, and staff. We rate it up with our other favorites including the Lodge at Pebble Beach and the Sanctuary in Kiawah .

This was our first visit to Virgin Gorda and will certainly not be our last - we're already planning to celebrate our first anniversary at LDB.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wheelman12
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I could write 5 pages about this place, and our trip - it was a dream come true, and I am not easily impressed. There is a reason people go back to this place year after year, it is just "special". We have already booked again for next year, and we usually have a "no place twice" rule in our family - that should say enough.

We decided to take our 1.5 year old with us, and we could not have been ANY happier. Upon glorious arrival, we checked in to our gorgeous room (#61) that was 20 feet from the beach. There was a crib, cookies, baby bathtub, baby shapmpoo, monitor, and high chair all set up. Talk about easy. We called and ordered room service and realized that kids under 5 eat free.....UNREAL!! We had the same nanny come and watch our child everyday (Maria - absolutely the BEST!). It was a dream vacation and what makes this place so great is the people. #1, they love babies - which is so great when you are traveling with kids. We could literally spend 15 minutes at the buffet line, and all of the waitstaff would be entertaining our child. The service is the best I have ever come across.

LDB is possibly the most gorgeous place I have ever stayed. You just sit outside your room and are in awe of the view. The pool is INSANELY gorgeous, and it looks like it was built right into nature. They have lovely people that bring snacks there as well, bonus.

LDB does't nickel and dime you. Yes, you may pay a bit more for rooms, but you get SO MUCH. They have complimentary suntan lotion for kids and adults. A free bottle of rum in the room. Snorkeling gear....beach drops (you will never find that anywhere else) and very nice non-motorized boats to use. They do a very nice Managers reception on Monday nights which was great, good company, food, and drinks. The maid service was fantastic.

SPA - greatest spa (and i love my spas) I have ever been to. The view is indescribable. The service was perfect. Each service is done in its own small house, and after your sevice you are allowed to sit on your private patio and enjoy the view. Greatest spa ever.
Just go here. My head is spinning with how wonderful it is, I can't put into words. Few other things not to miss: the two hikes that depart from the hotel, Hog Heaven (unreal view), great dinner at Cocomaya, hit up the rum bars in Spanish town, get the Lobster lunch for a beach drop. Also, we flew into VG but flew out of Tortola. I absolutely loved the ferry ride back to Tortola. I kind of wish we had taken it into the resort.

Room Tip: Room #61 - we could have our baby sleeping, with the monitor stretching right to our beach chairs. Great terrace too.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank lcron
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We just got back from our honeymoon at Little Dix Bay and it was more amazing than we could have imagined. Upon arrival, the staff is extremely welcoming and hospitable. Our room was spacious and pristine, had an amazing view, and very cool air conditioning that one can really appreciate in the Virgin Islands. Our private patio and bedroom view showed we were just steps from the beautiful bay Little Dix calls home. The beach at Little Dix is beautiful with lots of natural shade to stay cool and out of the sun and calm crystal blue water. The servers at all the restaurants are very friendly, which makes the dinning experience even more enjoyable. We can't wait to go back with our extended family to share this amazing place with them.

Room Tip: All rooms have an ocean view and similar feels. I recommend staying on the second floor of a premium ocean view. If you have a harder time getting around, be sure to book a room closer to the front desk as the resort is very spread out.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristin S
Reviewed 23 November 2013

My husband and I vacationed here October 20-24 for our 15th anniversary. There are no words to describe the beauty of the views from our gorgeous room (ocean view rm. #118) and well groomed beach. Every morning, the sun rose just over the mountain with a perfect view from our room and when we stepped out on our balcony the beach was being groomed for the day! There are so many indescribable things about this trip, that I will only be able to highlight just a few. I want to also say that the employees at LDB are a cut above! They all seemed to know our names and several treated us like family! 1) Take advantage of the beach drops & snorkeling equipment! The pristine waters and colorful fish are unbelievable. Get Dave to help you plan your day and then let Liam or Ian take you there by boat! Thanks guys! 2) Splurge for a torch lit beach dinner. 3) We highly recommend paying the extra for a private LDB water taxi from Beef Island for your arrival and departure. Thanks Leslie, for all the fishing stories and cold rum punch! 4) Take the sunset cruise! Thanks Glanvel! 5) Attend the manager's welcoming reception! 6) Take home some of Venita's hot sauce! Lastly, and most importantly, if you are considering a trip to LDB - stop considering - just GO, you will not regret it! It will be the best vacation of your life!

Room Tip: rooms near the spa are quiet
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple